Bodyboarding... Good Waves? Please help. Thanks.

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by jay314, Jun 27, 2012.

1. jay314

jay314 Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Hey All...

I am located in VA Beach, I mainly board here and in OBX. I just recently went through a crappy divorce.. haha!

Anyways I am feeling motivated to try some new spots, and find some good shorebreaks possibly or other. I was wondering if ya'll could help me by giving me some reccomended places that I could try.

Any info is appreciated... just want to get out and experience some new and diff spots.

2. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    Sorry to hear about the crappy divorce.....rarely is there a pleasant one.

And sorry for what is about to follow.....maybe I'm wrong......maybe they will be nice......but I'm guessing at least 10 people are about to tell you "If you want to try something new, stand up." For some reason, there seems to be a lot of bodyboard-isum in the surfing "community".....I use community very loosely. :)

Good luck!

3. KookieMonster

KookieMonster Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Stand up. And I'm not saying surf... SUP! j/k I'm just a jackass who don't know the area. And ****k community its just me and the wave brahh. SHAKA

4. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    nobody probably wants to announce their favorite spots on an internet forum, but as you know there are great waves on OBX. Best thing I think is to start up a conversation with a fellow sponger in the water. Its one thing to announce a favorite spot online, but most people like to talk about their favorite breaks in a friendly conversation one on one. There are some good bodyboarders down there, so I'm sure you'll see out.

5. jay314

jay314 Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Yeah, good point. I figured as much... appreciate it though. Thanks.

6. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    yo brah! Adventure!!! just start driving and looking... before you leave the house check out google maps or bing maps birds eye view- you will see where some good spots are...

7. Chris Joyner

Chris Joyner Moderator

May 23, 2006
    Forget driving, get a cheap flight to somewhere in Central America and enjoy the great southern swells.

8. volcomsurf421

volcomsurf421 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    the day i tell a boogie boarder where good waves are is the day i start laying down on boogies boards.. not gonna happen... try tennesse tho, epic boogie barrells out there ya'll

9. jay314

jay314 Member

Jun 16, 2012
    haha ... ahh the hate in the air, I can just feel it... haha You know, I don't really understand it. I don't feel the same about surfers...I think being out there in great waves is a blessing from nature.

10. yourdirtymomma

May 2, 2012
    Check out the "why do surfer dislike bodyboarders" thread.

11. BRbodyboard

BRbodyboard Member

Nov 2, 2009
    [​IMG]

12. purpleheadedyogurtslinger

purpleheadedyogurtslinger Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Good waves in this are aren't an issue of where, but when. If there actually is a wave, it's all pretty much the same. Some sandbars handle the small stuff better than others but on the body board I don't know. More sand generally collects near piers and jetties, so can't go wrong there.

The aggro posts... the mid-atlantic region is the most active forum... but the least active coast... correlation? ME THINKS SO.

Some of the best bodyboarding (and best bodyboarders) that I have ever seen is in the reefs of Rincon and Aquadilla areas of Puerto Rico. Wait for the fall, save up your dough from skipping alimony payments, and go get some barrels!

13. jay314

jay314 Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I thought you were joking at first... then I see that you were not haha.. I did check it out, and wow.. Harshness is spread thick there. Obviously I have a lot of thoughts on that but that was a past thread so no need to go there. A good day in the water is beautiful thing no matter how you are enjoying it!

14. DarkBarrels

DarkBarrels Active Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Sorry to hear about the divorce... Thats a bummer, but yeah good luck trying to get someone to cough up their favorite spot on a public forum on the internet! Really? Oh well, I agree tennessee is real nice this time of year.

15. yourdirtymomma

May 2, 2012
    That is why I "warned" you right after you posted this.....don't worry, only half of the folks here are "holier than thou"...The other half are AWESOME! :)

And to throw in my spare change, I liked dudes idea about satellite map and day trip.....sounds like fun, or at least a good "how everything went wrong" story. Good luck.

16. yourdirtymomma

May 2, 2012
    So funny! Me thinks so too!

17. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011