Would you move inland for a girl?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by patgeds22, Aug 8, 2012.

1. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    "good surf is better than good sex"

i think this is one of those Apples vs. Pineapples type things. Yes they are both in the top 2 things to do, but....i just do not think your doing the sex thing right or your bored out of your mind with the same old same old. That is not the same thing as not getting or having good sex.

2. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008

Your priorities are grossly out of whack if you think surfing is better than sex.

3. live aloha

live aloha Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Well-spoken!

My story: I was blessed by circumstances to live the dream for a hot minute: 1 yr in NorCal, 2 yrs Hawaii with brief stints in San Diego, Oz, Vanuatu, and Guam...good surf in all of those places. My Dad passed away 3 years ago, and I decided to take a 2 yr job back in Maryland (Annapolis, 2+ hrs from OC MD) to help the fam for awhile. I ended up meeting an awesome lady in Baltimore and married her. I'll be honest, I haven't gotten much surf since then...granted it's MD, and from my years on the road the standard of "good surf" is still impossibly high. Anyhow, I've about had it with inland living, and we're planning on moving to the Pacific NW next year: big surf, cold water, the good stuff ya know? Some people get married and "settle down". If that's how you want to live life, find some bar fly and have at it. Look a little harder though, and there are lots of 'em just praying for some guy with a sense of adventure beyond giant biceps and flashy car. Don't rush, don't be selfish, but also don't sell yourself short.

Good topic, btw, really enjoying reading what everyone has to say.

4. live aloha

live aloha Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    HAHAHAHA. I passed on sex for 6ft Rocky Point MANY times. It was f'ng worth it EVERY TIME!! I suppose that was probably a cue that she wasn't the right girl. :p

5. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It probably depends on the person. If you are any kind of a man and can get laid any time you want, then you ditch the sex for the waves because GOOD wave days are far and few between, good sex can be had any day of the week if you are capable. Now on the other hand, if you're an ugly dude or just have no game what-so-ever then you probably aren't ditching the sex, because it's a rare opportunity and you wouldn't want to pass that up

6. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Amen to that you whacky bastard. My thoughts exactly. I have have declined invitation to enter the axe wound for hurricane surf several times. Maybe that's why she threw me out. Worth it 100% every time.

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    HAHAHA, i believe it!

8. lipride20

lipride20 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    Going inland is not necessarily a bad thing. Although you will go surfing much less, you will most likely be motivated to go on surf trips to better surf spots. My friend lived in California about a block from Rincon. He had to move to colorado and thought he would never surf again. Now he takes about 2-3 trips a year and he's been to fiji, tahiti, costa rica, oahu, and pretty much any other world class wave in the world. I'm not saying you should take these super long expensive trips to exotic places a couple times a year, but you can still surf places you probably never thought you would get to surf.

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    My question to that would be, if you never get to surf, how are you going to be prepared for world class waves a couple times per year?

10. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Have you noticed, you & I are the only ones that know that secret so far :eek: or just maybe he'll have a long wait INLAND to find out the answer himself ................

11. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    I don't know man, sometimes I can take care of the urge to do the nasty dance in the shower, I can't think of any way I can scratch the itch of surfing good waves other than surfing good waves.

12. blasteroid

blasteroid Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Just the fact that you 're thinking so hard about it means hell no. If you were really in love with her you wouldn't be agonizing over it because you would already know what you have to do. Either "it's only surfing" or "its only a girl".

13. Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool

Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    It's all about finding balance in your life. If you are a surfer, moving 6 hours form the ocean will throw you way off balance. You, the ocean, and the poon-tang must find harmony. I spent almost all of the first 45 years of my life living within a bike ride to the beach. Lived in Sea Isle, Nags Head, Rincon, etc. Through all those years I managed to go to College, get married, and produce offspring. I have since taken a job in Pennsyltucky in order to make more cash for the offspring's college fund. But the job is flexible so I never miss a swell.
    Take control of your life dude. Give the old lady a good pipe-laying and tell her your staying put. If she digs you and knows what you have a passion for then she will come to you.

14. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    Someone's not doing it right! :rolleyes:

15. purpleheadedyogurtslinger

purpleheadedyogurtslinger Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    grass is always greener on that one. When you are in BFE on a surf trip with no ladies around you would jump out of a great session to chase an ass in a heart beat. When you are at home getting it on the regular and the surf sucks it's easy to say surfing is better than sex. Really surfing, driving fast, having sex, doing drugs, rock n rolling, reading twilight etc are all damn good time, why do we have to go and rank them? If my biggest problem in life is choosing between sex and surf, life is looking pretty good.

16. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    About women? I'd say about relationships......as a chick I can tell you there are plenty of people unable, unwilling, or too selfish to be quality in a partnership....male and female.

You are about to learn some hard lesson about yourself too.

17. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    AND you're about to wear it one way or the other.

18. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    you have to stay mission orientated. You try to stay in shape with the goal of being ready to surf when you can. then you try take short 3 day trips when ever you can and a few longer trips. You can watch the swell models and then find cheap airfare to PR or similiar for three day getaways and hotels in rincon will have boards to rent or store yours in a locker for you. When your on longer trips after a couple days of surfing everyday all day you can be back to normal. whatever that is.

i did it. For two years after living on a beach on an island my whole life. and my girl who also loves the coast, and i am now married too, came with me. but we were already in a pretty serious relationship and not 22 yrs old when we BOTH decided to move. we looked at it as an adventure and it was good for a while but we took the whole month of sept off to be back home and decided we needed to move back to the ocean. I'm happy we did it but i don't ever want to live away from the coast again.

We didn't realize what i had untill we didn't have it.

if my girl decided to move with or with out me then i wouldn't do it.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I hear what your saying, and it sounds great and all, but it sounds easier said than done to me, being in shape is one thing, but surfing world class waves after not being in the water for months at a time can't be easy, unless you are just that good, and don't lose much of a step after that long of a layoff. The words "world class" should probably be defined here, because what i'm thinking is DOH+ and HEAVY, which to me sounds impossible for someone who doesn't get the reps.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  20. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    your absolutely right. To me World class isn't always the biggest heaviest waves, Although i like those too, but just good set ups. head high clean and breaking forever is just as good.