Undercalling the swell in NJ

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by surfsup, Sep 3, 2012.

1. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    It appears that the upcoming swell in being under-forecasted for NJ. 3.6-3.9ft at 12secs seems like it will be much larger than waist to chest as currently forecasted. On Tues it shows it reaches shoulder high but I'm thinking it could be 1-2ft OH.

Thoughts???

2. apbb

apbb Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    its all about what breaks you go to. The one I'm going to will certainly be OH, but others might not be.

Especially on Saturday/Sunday. Might reach 2-3ft overhead.

3. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    I think it is over calling for Tuesday and most of the swell will fill in on Wednesday.

PS... 3.6 ft @ 12 is showing up as stomach to shoulder high for monmouth county on Wednesday.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  4. bigbuldge

bigbuldge Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    You will see an occasional head high wave for most decent breaks. Wednesday it is.

5. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    The sets were chest plus this morning in Maryland. Lots of water moving and already closing out 90 % of the time.

6. mickey1982va

mickey1982va Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    It's already overhead here in Va Beach dude... so yeah, expect overhead there !

7. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Underforecasted most likely, Examples: Sunday report at the Inlet down here was 1-2, but it actually was 2-3 w/3-4ft sets, yesterday's report said knee to thigh for the same spot, but was actually 3-4 with Shoulder / Head Sets. Surfline called it early in the week, and then they scailed it down a bit last second but they had it right originally.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Parts of Absecon Island were solid 5 to 6 foot sets...and by 5 to 6 foot in my scale means head high. Most waves were waist to chest.

9. mattmNJsurfer123

mattmNJsurfer123 Member

Sep 4, 2012
    in margate there were some big sets about 5 to 7 little peaky but fun

10. headrow

headrow Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2007
    One man's chest high is another man's OH...

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Was solid 3 to 6 foot, chunking Bay Head. Lil closed out and f'ed from the wind, but some pits were had...

12. pvjumper05

pvjumper05 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2008

ill prob be there thursday and friday. closeouts over there scare me :cool:

13. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Stomach if you're Michael Clark Duncan (rip) Solid sets out the back. Tides on it now, but good god it was great, I'm glad i picked this week to visit home.

14. motivated2surf

motivated2surf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I took a half day off work. Just checked it and it still looks good. Just wish the lighting storms would pass. ****ing Isaac!