Leslie not too great in my opinion

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by littlerhody, Sep 7, 2012.

1. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    To each his own. All I know is that I'm surfed out this week, and I'm about to reward myself with a couple of bottles of beer before I crash tonight

2. sblmras

sblmras Active Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Not epic all time east coast but def. Some size and lines, alot of closeouts but plenty of sections to be had and barrels, at least in the obx, even though majority of spots weren't working great.

3. littlerhody

littlerhody Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Well finally got it good. Leslie's a nice little whore now!

4. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    it is spot dependent. Local winds have been an issues during this swell here in OCMD. We have had bright moments and clean conditions by not like all day everyday :( But we have had waves and plenty of them. some decent size, and not so closed out after the Weds. EVeryone seems to be happy, other then Thurs AM rain storm/lighting. In some ways it has been a litttle wonky, so much sand churned up, rips all other the place, etc.

5. gtowntreyble

gtowntreyble Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2008
    what is surfing? the gulf doesn't know.

6. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Good one.

Those are likely SOME (not all) of the so-called 'Senior Members' (aka membranes) that post the negative drivel on this forum.

Meaning, it's Nature. Some spots will be firing & some will not be firing. It's not a ball field, where you walk onto it & the place is manicured. It's the ocean & sometimes it's good for surfing & sometimes it's not. It is what it is. If people want to ***** about it, they should call their GF or their therapist.

It is what it is.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  7. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    Southern NC has been a real disappointment. Surfed just straight the past 2 days. went to CB and it wasn't closing out as much but nothing to write home about. Wishing I was back home in Jersey. My friend txted me yesterday stating "I have never seen such good waves for so long in my entire life on the east coast". fack. I surfed tonight, waist-stomach high fun peak off a jetty, little wedge, but I fricken bought a new performance board looking to be pulling in.

On another note, who saw the live broadcast of OBX today? Gnarley. should've went north, ey?

8. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    ^This
    Don't tell me this swell ain't got no heart, just gotta poke around(for all the heads out there).

9. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    vb was good today...went to dam neck and they had some shoulder high sets semi clean conditions

10. H2O'C

H2O'C Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Bahamas let loose last night..Fun on the Treasure coast.

11. Bootsybrown

Bootsybrown New Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Surf in NE Florida has been fairly clean with side offshore winds in the morning and few storms rolling in the afternoon. Nothing big and challenging, but I did get my bum full of sand and my pride stained a bit today. Today (9/8/12) Saw some guys pull into some head high barrels. I had an awesome left which peaked and bowled like a interstate ramp. However, I was like a kid about to laid by the hottest girl in school - Early Release. An just tanked it. guys in the line up gave me the KOOK look. I took off late where the wave sucked up mad, I Slap the board on the trough made the first peril of the board but not the second. That wave will haunt me tonight. I will be out tomorrow sore as all get out, but I will be out like the rest of us.

12. Bootsybrown

Bootsybrown New Member

Sep 8, 2012
  13. billabongmoney

billabongmoney Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    va beach has not been that good , Pretty much walled up close outs with a ton of rip . You can catch the occasional shoulder but most of the sets were just closing out. We have surf its just not that ripable

14. blackie

blackie Active Member

Mar 26, 2009
    yes. i live in southern NC. made the drive. scored Gnar barrels.

15. parippa

parippa Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    How long could the drive possibly take.. I took this pic friday around noon somewhere on hatteras island.

PIC_0366.JPG

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  16. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Wed & Thursday (9/5 & 6) were all time in NJ. I was only in town for a week, and left early friday morning. Bummed to leave the middle of the swell, but as soon as i got back to SD my buddy took me to a reef and we scored perfect waist/chest high lefts :D Hopefully you guys get waves for a while from this!!!

17. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
  18. juliaep

juliaep Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I had a great week of surfing. But I remember last year at this time being a little bit better post hurricane Irene. I'm still new at this and I had a blast riding some of my biggest waves yet! Of course, others were catching bigger waves than I, and yes, they were clean ones as well.

19. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Scobeyville... Irene was about as good as it gets around here. It was absolutely ON for that one day, that we'll all remember for our lifetimes.

But sitting here, exhausted... stinging, bloodshot eyes... rashed up and sea lice bitten... sunburned face... totally surfed out... I couldn't bee happier.

20. ritecoastsurfer3

ritecoastsurfer3 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2007
    The swell is moderately ok. I found some waves, but most places in my area have been closing out, even where it's usually better. I'd take a no-name peaky windswell with a west wind over this swell if I had a choice. And since the storm has been just sitting there and always has a cloud filled eye or windshear or is asymetric or some other crap there really isn't much excitement weather-wise.