Best Hurricane Season Ever!

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Etl1692, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Etl1692

Etl1692 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Is it too early to call this the worst Summer/hurricane season combination ever recorded for surfing on the east coast (at least MO County)? Am I the only one here? I know we still have plenty of time, but god damn, I figured we would have swell from a Cane by now.... Whats goin on!

Can anyone recall a year, where there was consistent surf through out the fall, mainly from hurricanes? Anyone have any year specific in mind? To me this so far may be the worst HANDS DOWN..

It's sad because I logged onto swellinfo today, and saw someone say "man... cant wait till winter" Is this how it always is. Damn can't wait till fall, damn cant wait till winter, damn cant wait till spring...... Can't we be happy on one thing?!? Wheres the consistency....

Cheers!

2. swello

swello Member

Nov 11, 2011
    move broski. or drive to where there are waves. or just be happy with the waves u get when u get them and know that you're gonna get some more before too long so theres no reason to bi*ch about in between. i live in bmore and still have gotten some really fun hurricane waves (leslie in obx and nadine? in assateague)

3. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    nevermind the fact that september has been really fun so far & we're only halfway through the month, remember that it's technically not even fall yet. gotta another week till the season officially changes. & fall is more than just september...there's still october & most of november to go yet. true, there hasn't been anything all-time or epic or whatever, but there has been fun waves for the last week or so. fun enough that the deck of the new 6'3" i picked up from brian wynn in july is pretty much trashed already, even w/ 6/4 glassing.

4. Etl1692

Jun 12, 2011
    Sorry if it seemed like I was "b*tching. Just was wondering the best years on record for hurricane swell, since well we have had very little if anything none. Just sparking a convo. More frustrated, but what u say is true. I'm trying to be happy with what I got, so just sharing this topic with ya'll.........

Cheers!

5. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    it has been bad yes...though the actual tropics have been quite active and not below average. the us just hasnt really been smacked by a ton of storms which isnt really a bad a thing considering our economic state

6. swello

swello Member

Nov 11, 2011
    i feel ya.. i guess i was just reading the " i cant wait til .........." part which wasn't really YOU bi*ching. haven't lived on the east coast long but igor in ei nc was my best experience so far

7. Etl1692

Jun 12, 2011
    I've definitely noticed that though... It's not like its been quiet down there, its been somewhat of an active year, just nothing seems to be coming our way. And yes with what u said, we all hope for storms (swell), but when it comes at the costs of lives and financial stability, we should almost be lucky enough not to get hit.

8. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    yeah man, we all dont need higher gas prices nor do we need local communities destroyed like irene and obx. i feel ya on the lack of waves...we had like knee high medium period swell all summer down here and it has been frustrating as hell...wed get these knee to thigh high off shore peelers that would just dump on the bars..then when we had a waist high bump there would be the surf schools out there clogging everything up! it's whatever though. this winter we are forecasted to get some bad noreasters, so i am sure we will get some solid short period swells from them. i just hope i get a 5/4 in time....could go for some snow too :)

9. idsmashh

idsmashh Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    I seem to remember a little lady named Leslie that lit up Momouth County for about 2 weeks with surf from Waist-Head just about every day.... This ended about 5 days ago :confused:...... WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!

BTW you don't exactly live in Oklahoma either bud. Ocean City is not that far away!!!! Get off your lazy ass and make the 45minute drive!!! You've had head high barrels just a short drive away from you for the last 2 days and you haven't taken the opportunity. What do you want the waves to come to you evverrry time?!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  10. Etl1692

Jun 12, 2011
    Monmouth County did not take that swell too kindly. It was nooo more than chest high, and the chest high sets were once in a blue moon! Your profile says u are from south jersey, so how the hell would u know. I live a block from the beach, and I'm telling you the surrounding areas were not good! Most that live in this area would agree.

And that 45 min drive south ends up being an hour and 45 min drive with all the traffic and B.S. I'd rather stay local, unless it is absolutely PUMPING. Waist high with occasional Chest high sets is not pumping. Nor worth the headache.

You either have no idea how to judge wave size, your going by what the report said, or your just trying to be a d*ck.