Warning NY surfers!

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by archy 2.0, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    What does being vibed feel like or look like anyways? It sounds Like fun, wish I could get vibed.

2. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    who has time for all that? Either way? Kooks get what they get. If you run into issues at a break not your own, who fault is that most of the time?

NOYA !!!

3. surfingwasteland

surfingwasteland Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2011
    but in the end you are still from new york/new jersey.....

4. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    i always thought ny and nj both had terrible sarcastic attitudes? i would love to see a new yorker and a person from jersey with super heavy accents go at it in their own slang lol

5. Honey Holes

Honey Holes Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Some of you guys are probably grown *** men arguing, bickering, and trying to use a funny, sarcastic attitude. Not too funny... just get over it. Respect is all it is. But my generation doesn't understand the word. (im 21) Apparently the older heads above me don't understand what the word means either. if your surfing a break where you aren't from don't think your in the top pecking order. patience young or old grasshoppers.

6. Gfootr

Gfootr Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    If you vibe someone do you have the courtesy to remember the reach around?
    Or is the reach around included in the BIG TIME version?

7. Stayabovetheweather

Stayabovetheweather Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    You sir are a little bitc h .... especially the fact that you are 42 ... you probably suck ass and were being a total kook in the lineup .... get the sand outta your vagina ...

8. Gulfcoast7

Gulfcoast7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Can I least drive through it? See I live in Maryland but like to visit NYC. The problem is that I usually take the NJ Turnpike. Do I have to take Pennsylvania all the way up to Port Jarvis? Ugh that's so out of the way. Also how do you have so much power? Wait...is this Chris Christie? Are you the Governor? That's so cool. I didn't know you were a surfer. That's great! Are you actually friends with Cory Booker? You know the rest of the country could learn from you New Jerseyians. Dems and Republicans living in harmony at last. Also, great job at the Convention.

9. skimdog

skimdog Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    new reality shows; SURF WARS. KOOK SHORE. SURF WIFES OF YORK JERSEY. THE HUNT FOR KOOKTOBER. SURFALICIOUS. MOB BOARDS OF NEW YORK. JERSEYZILLAS. ok ill stop.

10. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    now go get yer fvckin' shine box.

11. bberno

bberno Member

Jul 20, 2012
    This is some of the funniest s hit I've read. I am a Lido local, walk/skate down the block to surf, sorry no licence plate. With that said, during the Leslie swell I definitely BIG TIME VIBED out a few people, as did a few of my other local friends. This only happens when fools, regardless of where there are from, drop in on other people. This creates a dangerous situation for all and wont be tolerated. When it happens once, I'll assume its a mistake, as everyone deserves a second chance. Most of the time my decision to be understanding comes back to bite me as the same fool ruins my next wave. At this point, I'd expect any responsibile surfer to speak up, or in other words, commence BIG TIME VIBING. Unless you enjoy dodging fins coming at your head when your locked into a barrel.

12. surfrr

surfrr Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Please don't vibe me with your angry red cosmic aura waves. I heard they can put a man in a coma from 200 yards away. Almost like staring at the head of Medusa....Really I thought you only get "vibed" at musical events, like Gathering of the Vibes or something like that. But if you do want to vibe people you should PM STRETCH he wants you to vibe him and then punch him in the face.

13. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    this is an awful thread - should be deleted. i make the trip to NY when i can on the N wind and have had ZERO problems with NY surfers - from rockaway (some kooks, but not assholes), to long beach to montauk - everyone has been fine. surfed w/ a few guys from NY during leslie in NJ and there were no problems what soever.

mutually beneficial relationship here and let's not strain it

14. ginsumagic

ginsumagic Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
  15. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    And now it's time to say
    What I forgot to say
    Baby baby baby
    Come on, what's wrong
    It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin on
    Don't it make you want to get some sun
    Shine on, shine on, shine on

Fountains of Wayne

It's all so clear to me now... everything...

16. rvb

rvb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    what an awful thread is right. trying to speak for your entire break, or entire state for that matter. my god a 40 + yr old surfer throwing out an internet warning to all NY surfers? go surf, and bark about it to the 3 people actually bothering you, not to an internet forum of thousands. reading these nonsense threads is a double edged sword, im embarrased for what we have become, but damn it can be entertaining to see people try to fight on the ol interweb..

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  17. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    i'm with you.

18. Bronze Whaler

Bronze Whaler Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  19. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    yeah. same thing with all the md and de plates at cape may. although ive heard rumors of vandalism especially at poverty.

20. ragdolling

ragdolling Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Wow, the OP is not kidding! I just checked the marine forecast. Amazing!

Statement as of 3:31 AM EDT on September 26, 2012
    ... Small Craft Advisory now in effect until 6 am EDT Thursday...

* location... coastal ocean waters south of Long Island... eastern
    Long Island Sound... and Peconic and Gardiners Bay.

* Winds... southwest 10 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt.

*also, an extreme Vibe warning has been issued...hostile negative vibrations emanating from archy situated on the New Jersey coast will continue to affect the area. New York surfers should use caution and seek shelter should negative vibe conditions arise....vibing conditions could include icy stares, profane utterances and a deluge of haymakers and left hooks.