Gonna be in Anaheim next week

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by rtindell, Aug 15, 2012.

1. rtindell

rtindell New Member

Mar 26, 2011
    i am going to be in anaheim starting this sunday through the week. most of my available times to surf will be after 4 pm. i have been surfing east coast south carolina swell for about 6 years and surf about 3 -4 times a week. i am a longboarder.

this will be my first time in cali and i want to get in some good surf time. any suggestions for renting a board along with surf areas?

2. forman

forman Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Huntington Beach - can take a bus there and there's shops that rent literally all along the coastline.

3. Carrozza Surfboards

Carrozza Surfboards New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    yea there is a place called Zacks right on the beach in Huntington Beach, Im not sure about the hours but just call ahead. I think they rent boards by the week maybe so just rent one for a couple days instead of going down each day. Its better to have the board then you can go check newport or further south depending on the swell. Good luck.

4. kielsun

kielsun Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    San Onofre has some of the best longboard waves around -- about 45-50 minutes from Anaheim.

5. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  6. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
  7. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  8. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    I'm going to Wichita

Far from this opera for evermore

9. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Movin' to Montana soon
    Gonna be a Dental Floss tycoon (yes I am)
    Movin' to Montana soon
    Gonna be a mennil-toss flykune

Saw White Stripes and Zappa! (not together)

10. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Seen Phi Kappa Krappa Zappa - what an awesome guitar player and a total nutjob he was! White Stripes- unfortunately not. They rock.

11. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    If you can't find a place to rent a board in Surf City USA, then you've got bigger problems.

San O is a great longboarding spot. Huntington Cliffs (a few miles north of HB Pier) is also a good spot. If you like your surf uncrowded, pick any peak along miles of State beach between Huntington and Newport.

12. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Seen Zappa on the "You are what you is" tour.

His drummer's name was Chad Wackerman. true!

Never saw White Stripes.