Sandy all inclusive thread

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by super fish, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Stranded in Smithfield

Stranded in Smithfield Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
  2. apbb

apbb Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012

3. Spongegnar

Spongegnar Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    We're already getting wrecked down here in OC, MD. Towns flooded on low tide. Waves are crazy.

4. apbb

apbb Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Yeah, Beach AVE in Cape May has around an inch of water on it in some places...

I mean its not that bad but im still worried cause my house is 2 blocks from the beach

5. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    rain has started here, but most roads on the island are still passable w/ the low tide. the wind does seem to be increasing as well...here's some crappy iphone shots from earlier today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the beach front shots were taken on a dropping tide

6. havanasand

havanasand Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Who in their right mind would be going in after him? Trying to convince the wife to book a hotel on the north end so we can sit on the balcony and watch it while partaking in a cocktail or two. She's looking at me like she always does when I mention things like that.

7. asharkinslacks

asharkinslacks Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    don't know, pretty sure homeboy is gone..
    watching the ocean when its angry is epic.. coincidentally, that's what i'm about to go do also.. score

8. HD4

HD4 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    wow thats a good bit of water already. Where in OC is that?

9. steelwave42

steelwave42 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2006
    by the looks of things in MD right now, monday is going to HEAVY

10. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    street shot was around 46th...take it w/ a grain of salt; it floods in a heavy rain at high tide. i'd call that "moderate", not heavy or severe.
    beach shots were taken at the top of 52nd.

11. RhodyPedro

RhodyPedro Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Got it clean and shoulder to head high this morning in RI. Thank you sandy! Now for the ugly part of the storm : (

12. surftb15

surftb15 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I can't get to any beach in NY Long Island barrier islands anymore. They're all closed and the cops are sitting on the bridge waiting for people to leave. I tried to walk across and that didn't work.

Ended up running across when I found a bridge with a fat cop. Surfed for an hour, too much trouble with mushy closeouts, then got a $500 ticket. Seriosuly.

13. Spongegnar

Spongegnar Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I think we are going to lose the pier down in the ocean city, md inlet. Already have pilings falling off this morning and the worst is yet to come

14. shark-hunter

shark-hunter Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Ridiculous. It's not even bad out yet. 500 bucks is crazy

15. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    yea croatan would be my other option because it would handle the n part of the wind better too. jumping off the pier is illegal but if there's no one to stop me.... its gonna be a wait and see game for tomorrow. as soon as that wind switch happens im trying to get on it

I just went down to 1st to check it out. probably 7-10ft with occasional double overhead white water sets. jetty is almost under water. damn

16. surftb15

surftb15 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    now a firetruck comes to my house saying I have to leave. **** that.

17. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
  18. floater

floater New Member

Oct 28, 2012
    500 is a pathetic, unbelievable amount.

Cops were on the boardwalk in Rockaway yelling into megaphones "demanding" everybody paddle in and go home- some were even threatening tickets- but I don't see how the hell can they ticket you..? Not in principle either, in actuality. They have no idea whatsoever who you are; couldn't you have given a fake name or something? It's not like you're carrying id in your wetsuit.

Not a bad wave today incidentally (for a few hours anyway); handful of really beautiful bombs. Turned stupid sloppy after lunch though...

19. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    this topic has been thoroughly discussed before, dont hijack the thread. use a search button