O'neill Mutant 5/4 hood

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Stayabovetheweather, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Stayabovetheweather

Stayabovetheweather Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    I have a O'neill Mutant 5/4 suit but the hood was lost in Hurricane Sandy. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get a replacement or if anyone had one that I could buy. I couldn't find one on O'neill's website, so if anyone had any info on this that would be greatly appreciated.

2. liveones

liveones Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I have a mutant hood that i no longer use. I only used the hood for one winter and i no longer have the suit so its not getting any use. If you would like I could send you some pics. Let me know.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012

3. ND081

ND081 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    not sure how that hood works but you could always buy one of those hooded long sleeve undershirt things. i use that with a 4/3 all year and it's perfect i would definitely recommend it

4. LI Waterman

LI Waterman Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2012
    I would try contacting Oneill. Theyll hook you up.

5. Whitiedred

Whitiedred Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Spellbinders in Allenhurst has had one in their $20 bin for a while. If things don't work out with liveones, call them or up swing by to see if they still have it. I noticed it because I just bought a mutant from them. Awesome wetsuit.

6. Stayabovetheweather

Jul 20, 2011
    I was told that by wearing a hood shirt will not work by 2 different people because the seal will not work and it will flush horribly, but the suit does have the attachment to make it just a regular 5/4 hoodless suit. So I am thinking that the seal will not be compromised when I wear a hood shirt underneath. I will have to try out my hood shirt first before i spend cash on anything. Im just confused on why people are saying it will not work, it sure looks like it will to me.

7. bronelson

bronelson Active Member

Jul 4, 2007
    My mutant 5/4 zipper broke so what i ended up doing is putting on a hood and putting the neckpiece over it, worked pretty well with minor flushing.

8. Stayabovetheweather

Jul 20, 2011
  9. liveones

liveones Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    mine is a medium with minimal use.