VB Session 3/6

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Captain Gnarkill, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Captain Gnarkill

Captain Gnarkill Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Scored possibly all-time NE VB today. Hope some others got on it. Super slight offshores, reeeling barrels. Waiting to see pics. So worth my long kooky paddle out and the the fact that I still dont have full feeling in my hands and feet. Here's to this system bringing a couple more sessions like that over the next couple days!

2. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Watched it at lunch :( It was going off!

Now I'm back at my desk. GRRRRRRRR! F^(#!*&$(*@

3. havanasand

havanasand Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
  4. havanasand

havanasand Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    That pic was solid shoulder high and bigger on the sets with nowone out. I sat there and wached it for 30 mins with my boards sitting at the house because I'm an idiot for trusting surf forecasting sites (all of them) and not listening to the bouy and wind report this morning before going to work. It won't happen again.

5. Onelove87

Onelove87 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Surfed the pier this afternoon between 12 and 2, awesome conditions. shoulder to head high with clean offshore conditions. paddle out was a ***** but just epic conditions all around

6. john219921

john219921 Active Member

Sep 7, 2012
    going out tomorrow afternoon and early friday morning in ocnj, ill let you know how it is

7. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    That pic is sick

8. jd684099

jd684099 Member

Mar 6, 2013
    There were tubes to be had everywhere, was a great stoke out in the water all around in va beach for the guys who got out.

9. wedge1

wedge1 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2007
    Hatteras turned nuts before dark...glad the vb boys scored

10. cgrizzard

cgrizzard Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010

Yeah, 1st street was so fun and only like 5 other guys out when I floated out next to the rocks.

11. Coleslaw

Coleslaw New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Yes it was a good one today...funny though a lot of the swell forcasts seemed to make it out that it was going to be really choppy and out of control. Love those forecasts keeps the crowds down! Stay stoked. Took a few pictures before I paddled at 12:30 or so unknown surfer getn some.

Attached Files:

12. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    hell yea. drove up to school at 1230. looked at the 1st street cam, ran out of my class, sped home, and scored. Super fun lines out there. VB has actually been really damn good the last couple weeks. hope it keeps up. Getting stoked for Sunday already!!

13. cgrizzard

cgrizzard Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    I know this is seriously off topic, but I figure Ill give it a shot. Anyone happen to find a big set of keys in the 1st st. Parking lot yesterday? I think with my frozen/shaking retard hands, I dropped them when I was changing. Probably wouldnt have been able to hear them hit the ground with the wind and all either. Epic bummer.

14. asharkinslacks

asharkinslacks Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
  15. Masterjasson

Masterjasson Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    I made it out for a while @ 1st. st. from about 10-12. The last couple weeks = perma-grin.

16. shackcity

shackcity New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Those VB pictures look like some of the better VB surf i have seen. Looks real fun, glad people scored

17. bungalowparkbob

bungalowparkbob Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    That A-frame shot through the pier is awesome!

18. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Was at sandbridge today. Look like some clean big faces if you couldget out past the 100 yards of whitewater. coming home,1:15 1st St was poop.

19. no6rider89

no6rider89 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2008
    3-16-2013 pictures

Well I was gonna start a new thread but i figured i would get antagonized so i'am reviving the old one. But I finally got around to editing and sizing my pictures. I got to the pier around 1230, shot before i got in the water and after. When i first got there it was firing super clean, offshore and hollow. Shot for about 20 minutes then i hopped in till about 2 and then took pictures for a solid 45 minutes afterwards. Did anyone else think it drastically changed between this time period? when i was out, it was anywhere from shoulder to maybe occasional overhead but by three it was not as hollow and smaller. Either way some great surf for sure, so happy i dropped everything to get down there!

Here are some of the pictures I took, I was upset with how a lot of them came out because i didnt have my telephoto lens and the damn fog/rain/snow mix really cancelled out the light. Any photogs have advice for these light conditions?

p.s anyone know Keith the photographer? he says he normally shoots va beach, uses a canon? I talked to him for a bit and even carried his waterproof camera out to his buddy Chase. I completely forgot the name of his website but i know he got some great shots! c5.jpg c4.jpg 3 copy.jpg 2 copy.jpg 1 copy.jpg

20. no6rider89

no6rider89 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2008
    More

MORE PIctures

Attached Files:

• c6.jpg
      c6.jpg
      File size:
      97 KB
      Views:
    • c7.jpg