fun board

Discussion in 'Surfboards and Surfboard Design' started by -EastCoastSurfer-, Apr 4, 2013.

1. -EastCoastSurfer-

-EastCoastSurfer- Member

Apr 3, 2013
    I am looking to get a fun board for the small days. Trying to decide to go with a soft top such as the Odysea Log or the JT Softech or spend the extra coin get a epoxy board. The soft tops are growing in popularity.

2. seabeard

seabeard Member

Mar 20, 2013
    make your own..

3. Etl1692

Etl1692 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2011
    ^ Typical response... The kid probably has never shaped. Anyways, Do you have any price restrictions? Whats your surf break like? And do you lend your board out to friends? Skill level etc..... Soft tops are fun cause you can beat them up. Even in the summer when its breaking on shore you can sneak a wave or two. I bought the "beater" and i love it (tough to surf). Its great for Jersey when you need your fix.

4. glassyandsunny

glassyandsunny Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Buy an old heavy dinged up board that catches everything. Softtops are fun because you can try to do tricks like hand or headstand s with out worrying too much about killing yourself

5. unsalted

unsalted Active Member

Oct 9, 2012
    I think costco sells foam boards for 100$ I love mine it catches every wave

6. es-dot

es-dot Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2013
    try looking up used boards my buddy sold his 7'2 takayama egg surftech for 250 was in perfect shape .there is alot out there if u look .