Motorcycle Surfboard Rack

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by In the Soup, May 9, 2013.

1. In the Soup

In the Soup Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Does anyone have one? Has anyone made one? Is there a good one online to buy?

2. jasorod

jasorod Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Seeing as the surfboard would quickly become a sail in the wind, I would think you'd have to be going very, very slow for it to work without causing instability, etc. Probably too slow to legally be driving on any non-neighborhood road as a motor vehicle...

3. LightofTruth

LightofTruth Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I made a rack for my '75 shovel chopper. It worked perfect. I took a piece of metal (1/2" x 1" x desired length) and bent it into an L with about 4" on the bottom of the L. Drilled two holes and bolted the metal to my rear fender. Then put padding on the metal, put board on, and bungee to metal piece and then bungee to frame right under your leg. I could cruise at 60mph and no worries.

4. santiago58

santiago58 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    see them a in C.R. they just adapt a bike rack to motorcycle frame. not the carver one but the old school looking one.

5. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
  6. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    There's a dude I run into occasionally at my neighborhood bar who has a customized early 70's Triumph cafe' racer with a custom side car like they use in racing (not sure what the circuit is called but I'm sure plenty have seen pics of what I'm talking about). Thing is completely bad ass, he keeps his boards strapped into the sidecar.

My little brother just got a rack for his early 80's Kawa that seems easy to bolt on. I'll find out the brand of rack and let you know what it is.

7. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Erock,

Does the Sidecar have Dakine pads and straps?

8. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011

Yep, you've probably seen him around CB too. Can't remember his name off the top of my head, but he's a really cool dude to talk to.

9. jay cagney

jay cagney Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
    [​IMG]

always wanted to, but being a bit up north cruising down the parkway on my 70's era bikes doesn't sound too appealing. but if you're fortunate to be closer, go for it.

10. TX Shreddin

TX Shreddin Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Limo Cart 3.jpg

Customized one for my Golf Cart couple weekends ago with the help of my buddy who is a welder. Waves were flat, something to do. Of course the only picture I have of it is with a stupid umbrella in the rack. Oh well, you get the idea.