Who's going on surf trips this summer?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by EmassSpicoli, Jun 22, 2013.

1. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Contemplating Central America, a few different locations. Not likely until August which isn't soon enough!!!!

Any you brahs skipping off somewhere gnarly?

2. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Don't know about gnarly,but want to check out Montauk this summer.Anyone who can shoot me a pm on their secret spot I promise I won't tell anyone.

3. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Road trippin from NC to Cali in August.

4. fins369

fins369 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Love central america, been there plenty of times. but be careful about it being wet season. went last august, and it wasn't the "afternoon showers" as advertised. was torrential downpours from 9am til 4am, every day. that clear blue water is brown, bugs are out in force, and you realize how unbelievably remote your location is when you can't surf or do any outdoor activities. combine that with whether or not you'll even have swell (our trip was last minute, chasing a big south swell, so that wasn't a risk for us), and you could really regret the trip.

and don't take this the wrong way, i mean it with best intentions (and we've had many convo's on this). but based on your descriptions of your skill level, i wouldn't recommend you tackling central america during its south swell season. you'll get there, but your not there yet.

5. frontsidecrotchgrab

frontsidecrotchgrab Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Nothing gnarly but I'm heading to San Diego for a week to visit my buddy and will be heading down to Baja for part of the trip.

6. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nothing secret about montauk in summer. Bring your patience and your wallet.

7. DrDarkMatter

DrDarkMatter Active Member

May 5, 2013
    My friend and I are going to costa in august. We are going to Hermosa and the surrounding area. I can't wait it is supposed to be overhead every day.

8. Gilman Photography

Gilman Photography Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    im going on an exotic trip to the gulf of mexico for some amazing waves in august its probably going to be firing..

9. ocsurf32

ocsurf32 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz in august for wedding. . . Central america,pretty broad where you going?

10. Bill Cosby's nephew

Bill Cosby's nephew Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Going to Hatteras in August. Probably won't be anyhting special but I love that spot nonetheless

11. 15stwr

15stwr Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    start of august, 8 days in los flores, el salavador to surf some right points....