One 23 footer v. 23 head high waves

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by sisurfdogg, Jul 24, 2013.

1. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    To celebrate my "Senior" status I am posting a feeble attempt at a thread. Would you rather catch like 23 head high waves in a session, or go out all day, bob around, paddle your ass off, get cleaned up and take a few on the head, and finally drop into a 23 footer and make the drop and get tubed and spit out and ride it to the beach? Tow ins do not count!!!!

2. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    As long as that was the ONLY way things would turn out, I'll take the 23 footer then chase the head high ones for the rest of my life

3. bungalowparkbob

bungalowparkbob Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Totally legitimate attempt at a thread ruined by the 23 footer reference! The joke is dead! RIP everything NJShredMachine please! Though I do still find his actual posts mildly entertaining.

As for your question, I think the head high session would stoke me out in the short term, but the bombing tube that cost tons of effort would stay fresh in the memory bank for a long time. I'm going with the latter!

4. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Any and all posts, threads, or references to 23 feet, Hindus, shotting piers, shotting wetsuits, surf lessons in 8-10ft, overgrown children living with Mom, gnomes, white rash guards, confrontations at the break, three-headed Oceanic forumites, misspellings of forum names, recovering alcoholic opiate addicts, longboards, longboarding kooks, SUPs, SUP kooks, kooks in general, kooks with excessive quivers, Canadians, speedos, Body Glove, spit hoods, barrells, modded streetcars, iPhone 6s, conspiracies, turds, tits, sawhorses, bench-offs, sponging speed bumps, hyperactive posting, royal spawns, pinnings, wetsuit counseling, weekend scoreboards, Jetty Bears, Jetty Bills, webbed gloves, stock brokerage, 14ft bonfire kindling, video game nerds, southerners, VB rats, brahs, bruddahs, brus, commercial hip-hop, pink wax, surfing innovations, not that there's anything wrong with that, duck diving techniques, 5k word posts, short 39-minute self-documentaries, sic, trolls, spam, wholesale beauty products, GoPros, Bic boards, pro surfing, surfing as a sport, Bridgeport, building your own board, Sharknado, surf forecasting, Wave Jets, and New Jersey will NEVER get old!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  5. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    i bet you would rather write a 23 page essay lol

6. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yes they have

QUOTE=EmassSpicoli;179859]Any and all posts, threads, or references to 23 feet, Hindus, shotting piers, shotting wetsuits, surf lessons in 8-10ft, overgrown children living with Mom, gnomes, white rash guards, confrontations at the break, three-headed Oceanic forumites, misspellings of forum names, recovering alcoholic opiate addicts, longboards, longboarding kooks, SUPs, SUP kooks, kooks in general, kooks with excessive quivers, Canadians, speedos, Body Glove, spit hoods, barrells, modded streetcars, iPhone 6s, conspiracies, turds, tits, sawhorses, bench-offs, sponging speed bumps, hyperactive posting, royal spawns, pinnings, wetsuit counseling, weekend scoreboards, Jetty Bears, Jetty Bills, webbed gloves, stock brokerage, 14ft bonfire kindling, video game nerds, southerners, VB rats, brahs, bruddahs, brus, commercial hip-hop, pink wax, surfing innovations, not that there's anything wrong with that, duck diving techniques, 5k word posts, short 39-minute self-documentaries, sic, trolls, spam, wholesale beauty products, GoPros, Bic boards, pro surfing, surfing as a sport, Bridgeport, building your own board, Sharknado, surf forecasting, Wave Jets, and New Jersey will NEVER get old![/QUOTE]

7. Plover

Plover Active Member

May 12, 2012
    Summed up 2 or 3 years of the si forum in one paragraph. Nice. Anybody been to any good strip clubs lately?

8. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I would take the 23 footer for sure. I have never been barrelled on a wave that big. I want to know what it feels to get spit out of a Teaupoo barrel. That would be sick.

9. ThatSlyB

ThatSlyB Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Depends, surfing by myself I'd take the 23 head high waves. If I was looking to teach my buddy to surf, I heard something like taking him out into 23 footers when its blowing 25 mph on shore is the way to go

10. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Right on braddah buoy!!! Dis guy gets it!!!

11. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Unimportant, really, but wtf is yours smack or crank....?

12. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Life brah!!! I inhale the salty air deeply several times per hour and am invigorated to the point of intoxicated bliss!!! Try it sometime braddah!

If a recap of "The Best of SI" didn't give you a cackle, I'd suggest some sort of therapeutic intervention!!!

13. clintopher

clintopher Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    As I approach the big four zero I've finally learned that the quest for huge adrenaline dumps dramatically increases the potential for injury and with that, consequence. Coming up on my three year anniversary for a complete and displaced break of my tibia/fibula and still not getting around like I used to, probably never will, I find myself a little gun shy when it comes to thrill seeking. It's a hard pill to swallow, but the more time I put between the present and that horrible leg breaking day without being back to 100% the more I realize I NEVER want to break anything again. 23 head high waves for me please.

14. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Damn man that's heavy, sorry bout your leg / knee dude. How'd it happen if you don't mind me asking?

15. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I would take 23 head high waves at this stage of my life, I like big waves but I know my limits, now if I was guaranteed to come out unscathed from riding the 23 footer I'd take that experience in a heart beat, but having that guarantee would probably take a lot of the thrill out of it I believe, although I'm sure no matter what it's incredible.

16. newenglandflatness

newenglandflatness Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    how many said 23-foot waves do I have to wear on the head before getting into one? If the answer is more than zero, I think I'll take 23 head high waves.

17. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    The local rub and tug in my town just got shut down after 20 some odd years of operation. Sad times, we used to throw firecrackers in there when i was a kid just to break balls. Do those 23 head high waves come with offshores? I'll take those please...23 ft at this stage in my life, not so sure...

I'll be happy w/ a few 15 footers whenever I have the bank to go on a proper surf trip.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  18. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I would be on the beach watching the brave wish they weren't so brave if it was 23 feet. I sank my teeth into a few legit 12-14 foot waves in perfect conditions which was one of the best days of my life but was also the limit. After flubbing a drop I took a few of those big boys on the head and if it were 23 feet I'd have ditched my board and swam for my life.

19. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Come on dudes, this was pretty good. A fair summation of this particular surf predictin' website forum. Though Spicoli may have missed the, " Hey I'm going to Hatteras June 4-17........do you think there will be any waves?" But a damn fine effort nonetheless.

Also, hard to phrase in Spicoli's quick concise summary, is the fact that Swellinfo members tend to hate on a dude, yet wherever the character goes they are sure to follow. They always follow their supposed disliked person wherever they roam and post. It's a quite fascinating example of human behavior.

I guess Iced Cubed said it best when he said, " I'm the cracker ya love to hate."

Speaking of Canadians.......Hey didn't anybody air the STRONGER THAN THE STORM ads in Ontario or Quebec?? I've only seen two Canadian plates this summer. I'm devestated.

Why baby why/ Did ya have to let me go and leave me so lonely
    Why baby why/ Stop playing with my heart I told ya...........

20. SoDelLocal

SoDelLocal Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    This post^^^ X2