Wetsuit

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by pat, Sep 23, 2008.

1. pat

pat New Member

Sep 12, 2008
    I was looking to buy a wetsuit for the late fall and spring and was wondering what thickness I should get?

2. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    you'll want a 3/2 for the Fall. A 3/2 will get you through October for sure. When you get into November, you'll be wearing boots. Then, in December you will likely need a thicker suit and also gloves.

For Spring time, a 3/2 is a good choice for May and often early June. Any time before May, you will need a thicker suit.

3. mattlocker31

mattlocker31 Member

Sep 5, 2008
    man up and just use a 3/2 just get thick gloves and boots and maybe a hood and you'll be set well into november

4. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    do you think a ripcurl fireskin 4/3 and a thermo lining with attached hood get me through the winter?, i need a new wetsuit n im not trying to drop 400 cuz i will just need a new one next year because im growing.

5. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    its possible you could rock that through the winter. I have been wearing a 4/3 and also with a thermo-lined shirt w/ attached hood underneath. It works alright on the warmer winter days, but the suits without the built in hoods always get more water in them with the duck dives.

6. mexsurfer

mexsurfer Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    3/2

you should get a 3/2 i have benn using one for two years always i bought boots a while ago. You should get boots i like 3/2 boots, and gloves maybe a 4 or 1. oct-nov i use a 1 mil glove then dec-whenever until it gets warm] i use a 4. and a 3/2 wetsuit if was you, you should get a hood you will need that.