mixed bag of (mostly) fcs & futures fins for sale...

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by njsurfer42, Jul 24, 2013.

1. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
  2. sheetglass

sheetglass Well-Known Member

May 12, 2008

3. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    K 3's & MF-1's are sold...

4. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    updated w/ a few added sets on offer!

5. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    thanks for the attempted undermining, it's greatly appreciated!

6. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Foam boards from Costco work too. And for only $98! Is that what you ride?

7. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    that plastic fins suck. anyone who claims not to be able to tell the difference between a good, high quality fiberglass fin & a crappy stock plastic fin is questionable as a surfer, IMO.
    you pay more for quality. the industry has everyone convinced that stock plastic fins are acceptable b/c they're light, but there's a trade-off (ie: loss) in performance. plastic fins are too soft, they flex too much/easily & don't return that flex back to the board in the form of energy or drive like a fiberglass fin does.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  8. SJerzSrfr

SJerzSrfr Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Damn I wish I saw this yesterday cuz i wouldve snagged those Fannings off you immediately!! a question for you though. you are selling some real nice fins there... specifally the fannings and the Future AM2. the AM2 are probably my favorite fin for when its overhead and throwing barrels. what fins are you riding now that you are selling these ones? or are you just riding different boards with different fin systems?

and yes those plastic fins above are absolutely terrible. they are almost non surfable when its pumping since you are guaranteed to slide out on those things.

9. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wasn't a knock on you. Just a question.
    My point is there are different quality products that have cost associated with them... Some may say that it's silly to buy a Ferrari when I can get a Honda. They both get you from A to B. But there is definitely a difference in the quality of the ride.
    Same with fins. Really depends on what your looking to get and your style of surfing.

10. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    i have 3 boards w/ FCS & 2 w/ Futures, so i'm cutting back on the amount of excess that i have. i still have 2 sets of SOARs & 2 sets of True Ames CI template w/ FCS bases & a set of True Ames CI template w/ Futures base & a 5 fin set of Futures MB-2. that really covers all my needs & gives me a set of back ups for each system. i like the SOAR & True Ames fins better than fins from the "big 2" b/c, in general, the quality is higher, the fins ride better (honeycomb True Ames are not as flexy as FCS or Futures of the same build), & the True Ames CI template is slightly larger overall than the FCS & Futures version...slightly more base length, a bit more tip area, not quite as swept back, & the rear fin is the same size as the side fins. the SOAR fins are identical in template to the MF-1, but in solid glass construction instead of FCS' "tricoil" tech, which i find a bit too soft for my liking. i like the template, but the build is just so-so.

11. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    hey, don't get pissy w/ me b/c you came onto a thread i created to sell my old fins & started ****.

12. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    bump...only 2 sets left, both futures. AM-2 & QD-2 rears still up for grabs!

13. sheetglass

May 12, 2008
    Anybody know what happened to njsurfer42? I bought a set of fins from him, but have neither received the fins nor heard from him directly since 7/24. Seems some others have had a similar experience on the SurferMag forum. Doesn't he work at a surf shop or something? Anybody out there in swellinfo land know what's up?

14. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    IDK but I saw a shoe with a foot still in it washed up on shore in NJ the other day, had nail polish on the toes still, coincidence?

15. sheetglass

May 12, 2008
    Yeah that's what I thought was weird, I thought he was a regular poster and had sold some fins to some folks before. Hope you're ok buddy (still would like to know what happened though)

16. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Homey just got married in the last month or so, iirc.

I too hope he's ok, I want him to be around when I overtake him in Fantasy Surfer.

17. sheetglass

May 12, 2008
    Ok, that makes a little sense then. Your old lady is bringing me down dude!

Just kidding, take your time if that's the case buddy.

18. jiredell

jiredell Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Where are you in NJ?

19. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    1000 apologies!! summer in a tourist town is killing me...

20. dlrouen

dlrouen Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Were you surfing CB North a weekend or two ago? Solid blue Wavestorm?