Weather

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by JerseySurfRat89, Sep 26, 2008.

1. JerseySurfRat89

JerseySurfRat89 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2007
    nobody cares about the weather....right??

T storms...so what u gotta charge

2. iililjohnii

iililjohnii Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2008
    i noticed that, hopefully lightning does not penetrate neoprene

3. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    didn't you ever hear that the ocean is the safest place to be in a thunderstorm.

by the way... this is not true.

4. channel 4 news team

channel 4 news team Member

Aug 24, 2008
    surfed through a gnarly storm one afternoon in the spring, lineup thinned quickly as the lightning got closer, got out about 45minutes after the storm passed only to find out one of the guys who got out and was loading boards on his car got struck by lightning...

might not always be the safest place but it was better than getting out that day...especially with the fun sesh that I stuck around for.

5. Xtreme*Liquidshredda

Xtreme*Liquidshredda Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    ya man that's scary. One cloudy day last year a lady got killed by lightning when she was walking her dog on sandbridge at vb.

6. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    i was out this past may and a storm rolled in...it was about chest high and semi bumpy..it started to pour and it totally glassed up the conditions and everyone (including all the surfers from the local shops) came out into the water lightning and all...so strange...one guy even said "if we are out here much longer we will all be a bunch of french fries." luckily it passed through pretty quick.