Surfing Bucket List

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by EmassSpicoli, Aug 27, 2013.

1. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Swimsuit-optional tandem longboarding with the Operation Repo gal.

2. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    So everywhere, except C.R., is on your bucket list... Lot's of options for ya

3. surfer1234

surfer1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Do a cartwheel. And live to the day when Kelly grows hair. J-Bay, Pipe(uncrowded), Steamer Lane(uncrowded), and that secret place in the mirage of the caribbean video on Surfer, the hollow beach break and just a small crew.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  4. surfthewall11

surfthewall11 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Tres on a good swell, Cloud break, Ulu's, Maybe Z land. All my home breaks on a perfect groundswell with warmer water and no canadians on them

5. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    C'mon brah, like we'll ever stop seeing the puds and car tags from QC at Jenness and Rye Rocks. One of those things you just got to accept as environmental reality. Like insects at dusk, potholes in Mass, and inferior toilet paper in public restrooms.

6. cresto4

cresto4 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    word......

7. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Wow, I like how it's 12-15 foot and THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN it drops to knee-high......That's hysterical

8. MrMacdugal

MrMacdugal Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Definitely would like to ride a sweet tidal bore and the Golden Gate bridge wave.. Plus all of the other goofy footers dream waves mentioned above. Why list them again?
    More attainably, I want to get up to Nova Scotia this fall. I also hear there is a plan to re-open the ferry from Bangor? I think to Nova Scotia.. that would be sweet and save some serious driving time. Plus I like to get high on boats

9. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Hey MGS, there used to be a ferry from Portland to...umm Dartmouth? I took it many moons ago. Maybe it's still around. Check it oot, eh.

Lets not forget who lives in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia...........The Trailer Park Boys.......look them up at the Sunyvale Trailer Park. Ricky always has da kine buds. Bring Bubbles a cat and a bottle for Julian.

10. 15stwr

15stwr Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    jbay, pavones and punta roca are crossed off my list.

1- mentawais (with my 2 boys once they are old enough to enjoy it, this will happen)
    2- right points of morroco
    3- superbank with the sand just right so it links all the way thru to kirra...no crowds
    4- skeleton bay

11. johnnykans

johnnykans Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    As a sponger it would be to take the wedge when,it goes off

12. dudeclimbing

dudeclimbing Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Well pretty much everything named would be great. I'll try to stick to all the warm water lefts. This doesn't mean I won't ride a bunch of rights. I'm just a goofer.

13. Spunjer

Spunjer Active Member

Aug 10, 2013
    a rideable OBX. that's all i'm asking for...

14. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Science shows goofy footers are the more intelligent of the surfing species, it's pure science... really

15. dudeclimbing

dudeclimbing Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Hey maybe I'll move to the coast if this mountain thing doesn't work out. We will see how this season plays out. Living in hainan can't be too bad either.

16. cresto4

cresto4 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Some places have mountains that are coasts. And it always works out. No matter what the season.

17. mkorich

mkorich Member

Nov 4, 2012
    I would so charge cloudbreak

18. cackedinri

cackedinri Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    1. i want emass to reveal his identity. he plays on the boston cannons professional lax skwad im pretty sure

ayo seldom, you surf rhody right? you want portugese chix, move to providence!!!! no joke.

im moving to nova scotia when i have enough money. SJB or PJB, whatever you go by, lets do it. halifax has over 400k people. its a legit city. they will have an NHL team and i will be there. leave the the photo concentration perception at home though, please. the po-lice seem to frown on that stuff.

i want glassy backdoor at 6-8 foot east coast scale and margaret river at 8-12ft. check the replay of the drug aware pro if you have Time Warner SportsNet, josh kerr's bomb in the semis with 20 mins to go. i need to ride that wave.

19. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I'd really like to do Australia or Indonesia maybe. Did a lot of Central America and would go back again. Maybe some of the other islands of Hawaii. I've only did Oahu so far, which I've done quite a few times. I've been going there every year.

20. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Fall River and New Bedford in MA have more Portuguese chicks than Prov. Go anywhere there's a fish industry and you'll find them. Love those psychotic smokers.

I don't play pseudo-tough sports where guys chase others pretending to hit them hard. Lacrosse guys are soccer guys with pads on. They act like they play a physical sport, but sorry brah, it ain't very brutal at all. I hear those guys make as much per game as a bartender working at a dive. Don't see the attraction of it. PB&J's accounts make those dudes sound pretty creepy and I bet they have to "register" when they move.

NS has mystique and it's on my next 3 spots to hit. You're right about Halifax being up and coming. It's a happening place with lots of promise. Not sure they could support an NHL fan base but I'd love to see them try. For 15 years they had an AHL franchise, but NHL crowds and prices are a whole new realm. Heck, if places like Winnipeg can swing a pro team then why can't Halifax? Then again the Florida Panthers can't fill their barn with tix going for $5 a pop, then again they insanely displaced the home arena from downtown Miami to the swamp in East Bum. Halifax is right on the water - a big plus for attracting fans.

Lots of great destinations mentioned here, but what about surfing feats, achievements, milestones, or simply absurd acts?