Any thoughts on the 7s wave magnet???

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by WopWop77, Oct 11, 2013.

1. S2Kreative

S2Kreative Well-Known Member

May 27, 2006

........lol

2. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    tubesock, Wynn uses (sometimes) the CNC machine that 357 owns in P-ville, 357 spins em out and Wynn finishes em off, Id just go right to Ben at 357

3. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Get a custom from a local for the 1000th time. They surf your local waves and will make it perfect for what you do. I had a 7s and it sucked.

4. Longtimerider

Longtimerider Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Lol.... You are STILL wrong. A POPOUT is a board that was made in a MOLD. There are popouts all through the market, but the 7S WAVE MAGNET is NOT one of them. Again it is a machine shaped, polyester, hand glassed board. No different, construction wise than a Rusty or a Channel Island. Is an AL MERRICK, a popout ? Now on to your question Why, would anyone build 40 different "funshapes" ?? Because it's fun !! I am a former surf shop owner, which I ran for 8 years. I'm also 60 years old, have some had knee injuries, and still try to surf every day there is a decent wave. The age and injuries forced me to go to a longer board. The designs have had different lengths, different nose configurations, different materials, different fin configurations, different tails, different concaves, etc. I have made, about every type of shape on the market, and scaled them UP. All simply experimentation. My son is a sponsored team rider, and I get all of my boards at a discount. I also keep them in pristine shape, and I flip one ,for very little money, into the next. So why not ? As I tell the old lady, I could be buying heroin.

Anyway, we're debating about semantics. Cya

5. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Pre fab hand glass or pop out NO! Bad! Custom from a good shaper YES! Good. Semantics.

6. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    A7s is a pop out. No debate needed.

7. banman

banman Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    And Fat babies don't fart,
    wild bears don't sh*t in the woods,
    the pope isn't catholic,
    whales don't sh*t in the ocean,
    one legged ducks don't swim in circles,
    a 4 pound robin isn't fat,
    etc...

8. Jai-Guru

Jai-Guru Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    You're spot on...young and clueless is no way to go though life. They'll figure it out in time...maybe, lol:cool:

9. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Did you really just compare Rusty's and CI's to GSI dog sh!t? Then try and youth it up by saying Cya? Are you on heroin? Dude leave the kiddie talk to those 45 years younger than you.

10. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    I think yall are mistaking the technical manufacturing term of a pop out.......Popouts are the result of manufacturing where a liquid is blown into a mold and said mold is now the completed product, or it is stamped out of large piece of foam (additive vs subtractive manufacturing)

vs someone using a blank (that was blown into a mold, additive manufacturing) and cnc machine shapes it down....This would be the subtractive manufacturing part, if I have my terms right

so while you might call a 7s a popout in the common bro speak, people who know about manufacturing wont necessarily call it a popout as this is an inaccurate term since there are steps after it is 'popped out'

All of this doesnt change the fact that if you are surfing a 7s near me I will backpaddle you till the sun goes down

LONGTIMERIDER who claims its not a pop out, what is the difference in steps to create 7s and vs CI, also please ignore the angry posters as I am interested in learning. If the steps are the same then how can people call them different things? cause one has a bro name?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  11. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    +1, way to clarify the dif. And agreed with the back paddling as payback.

12. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    I had to edit it again as I was a little bit wrong, you wont like the edit, luckily I have an industrial designer in the house to keep me on point

13. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    at 27, being called a kiddie is one heck of a compliment. Maybe I will one day understand the zen of funboards, and the awesomeness of a mass produced surfboard from china. Maybe one day I'll even understand how the chinese sweat shop works. For now I'll stick to my hand made, mostly locally shaped longboards and shortboards. You know, ones with peoples handwriting under the glass. Most even say "For Lee". It's pretty rad. That 7S will just have a 9 digit number on it.

I think I heard my girl say that she wants a funboard. It would be pink with flowers all over it. Yeah. Anyhow, 7S = GLOBAL SURF INDUSTRIES = POP OUT. My final word, right or wrong.

14. Jai-Guru

Jai-Guru Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    When you're young elite and agile I recommend the best hpsb you can find. Forty years will go by quickly and you'll find yourself winded and over the hill and if you still surf you'll be on what you call a funboard. One thing about the cookie cutter CSI boards you know what you're getting. I've had many local cutoms that sucked and didn't work...open that young mind and have some respect for those who have been there.
    :D

15. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    been where exactly?
    when 40 years have gone by i'll get a board shaped by the same local shaper who been surfing the same waves as me. we about the same age so he'll understand what i need. what Lee said was right having something made just for you is no comparroson for that 7s hunk a junk.

a bought a used board that was shaped for some one else. it says for Adam. yuch

16. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Adam Yauch RIP
    You got MCA's old board??!! SWEET.

Now tell me that wasn't clever!

17. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    i can't tell you that. it certainly was

18. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    +1,000,000! Buy local from knowledgable shapers and you will not regret it. I had a 7S Super Fish 8 or so years ago when they first came out and boy did it suck big time. Unstable, dinged way to easliy and just an all around hunk of dog crap. 7S are made for folks who go once a year to the beach on the family vacation and want a "cool" looking board so others will think they surf. I personally prefer local shaped boards made to meet my needs and the waves and free of any logos or decorations (colors are cool but no stickers or crap).