Has anyone tried the Matador Bandito?

Discussion in 'Surfboards and Surfboard Design' started by bassplayer, Oct 13, 2013.

1. bassplayer

bassplayer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I am looking for a mid-length board that I can still do tighter turns, a cutback...or two (yeah right) but seriously I would love to glide in early and steal waves when it's a bit crowded when I don't feel like riding a longboard. I dig their boards, having owned a longboard by them for a while and borrowed a twin fish and funboard in the past. They have a nice heavy feel. Has anyone out there owned or ridden their Bandito shape or something like it? Thanks :cool:

Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 1.10.27 PM.jpg

Its a winged rounded pin. Pictured is a 6'10''

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  2. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    I have no experience with Matador sticks, but you are describing a Phil Taylor Zero shape perfectly. Something to keep in mind as you are shopping.

3. bassplayer

Oct 2, 2012
  4. JohnnyUtah

JohnnyUtah Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Madadors are "tribute" boards-they basically clone vintage or note worthy sticks and put their name on it. I wanted a log and picked up a Matador "El Gato" which is clone of a Greg Noll "Da Cat". We'll made, hand shaped and not $3,000..
    The only think I would advise is try to get one on CL, they resell for half of retail.

5. santiago58

santiago58 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    I have a bandito, love it super fun and easy to ride. my go to board 90% of the time. mine is 6' though but I have ridden the 7'4 and that was a great l.b. alternative. also fun. plan on getting one in the 7-8 foot range in the spring.

6. bassplayer

Oct 2, 2012
    They actually are pretty cheap new. Almost as cheap as some people selling used Stoker V's and other "longboard alternatives"

What's the bottom like santiago? Flat to Vee?

7. santiago58

santiago58 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    flat to a bit of vee.

8. Retro

Retro Active Member

Oct 24, 2008
    i have a 7'10" bandito, and i love it, just a bit too long (i want to get a shorter one because im only 150 lbs). selling it, plan on putting it on CL tonight. hit me up if you are interested $375/ obo

9. bassplayer

Oct 2, 2012
    Sorry, too big for me too. I'm probably going between 6'10-7'2. But thanks and good luck!