Boot Drying

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DosXX, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Gfootr

Gfootr Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I bring a bottle of warm water, dump some in the booties before the session. They go on easier and they're toasty.

Plus the bounce sheets.

2. Roar

Roar Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    haha I do the same thing man

3. Bass2mouth

Bass2mouth Member

Sep 20, 2013
    i do the same thing with the soap in the shower, little drop of soap, fill the boot with water and let sit for 15min keeps the odor down substantially.

4. northendcanyon

northendcanyon Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    I can understand if you have a 500 dollar suit or something wanting to wash it and lather it up with piss off. I wouldn't bother but I can see where someone else would want to protect their investment.

But to get rid of the smell? I don't get it. If you rinse off neoprene in fresh water and let it air dry it will not smell offensively. Even boots you jabrozlets. So rinse off your booties in fresh water and let them dry in an open air environment instead of tossing them soggy wet into your closet floor.

If you're in an apartment with no balcony then that sucks you will have to air dry inside. Still though fresh water is all you need. Soap or any of that stuff is not just unnecessary, now you smell like flowers when you paddle out. If that's your thing, smelling like sweet flower nectar, I don't see a problem with it.

Anyway ya'll keep doing what you do and I'll keep scratching my head wondering whats the point.

5. Agabinet

Agabinet Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    +1. Rinse after using. Air dry. Now, of you surf day after day, they may be damp when you put them back on, but dang, y'all must have some smelly feet. As long as I rinse them suckers they don't smell none that I can tell.

6. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    bought one off amazon..12.95. was gonna build one, but for $13, why bother.

dryer1.jpg