This forum

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by Fl Surfer, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fl Surfer

Fl Surfer Member

Nov 16, 2013
    I am not saying I don't enjoy the bs, it's funny. I am just saying there's more trash talking the surf talk. That other stuff makes it more entertaining.

2. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Talking about surfing is boring.

3. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Doug you still wanting to F with me? What you an Za Gaf have a little thing going?

Disprove one of my "assumptions"

Ahhh another Challenge.

Ok NJSURFER42 has to create a SURF RELATED thread and get over 1000 views by Saturday at 10:00 am

Doug, will provide one of my "assumptions" and debunk it using science and just a tad of religion.

Ok boys you have your work cut out for you.

Doug, The Rangers suck.

4. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Braddahs:

There may be more non-surf talk than surf talk on here in total, but this is a pretty active message forum. I'd think there are as many or more threads and posts per day (average throughout year) on surf topics than other boards. When posting here, you can expect several to many responses within the first hour or two. So, if you're looking for surf talk, don't pay attention to the other stuff and just read/post about surf. Seems functional and practical doesn't it?

I posted about surf topics incessantly when I came on here and tried to help where I could as my knowledge built from scratch. I was chastised for both. Whatever. There was clearly enough to keep me coming back. Yes, there's a lot of side chatter that can be overwhelming. The flames and tension are typical of forums altogether, not just surf or anything specific. This is the internet. It you can't take the heat then get the jackrichard out the kitchen.

Honestly, the "hate" here lately has been more or less facetious and in jest. It's not been much real hate meant to insult anyone, and I've been here long enough to see and experience lots of real hate other times. If anything, the last several weeks, while very weird, have been a bonding of sorts for most of the regulars here. There are still beefs that come and go, but the unity or simple getting along of the regular core that posts mosts often has shown the highest camaraderie by far since I've been here.

I've taken multiple breaks from the board for a week or more for different reasons. I'm posting most days now, but not having time to read most threads and posts. I'm reading some, but not getting to all and I do miss a lot in that case. Which tells you how much gets posted on here in a day. So you think even with some very intelligent and experienced people that most posts will be educated and informative? You're greedy if so.

Be happy this isn't a dormant forum and there's anything at all to take from it. Most boards suck on the net. The SEARCH FUNCTION is your best friend if you want surf-related content. Really, 95% of what you can/will ask or discuss for surf stuff has already been discussed in depth in the past. If you can't handle the other "editorial" off-topic material, don't read it. You're doing so at your own risk and it's no one's fault. And...if you stick around long enough, you'll likely go from constantly heckled/instigated to accepted as one of the bunch.

Above all, SI admin/owner dude puts up with a lot and still allows us to use his FREE forum. That's a decent gesture, especially considering he likes to keep positive relations in his small community of site owners and had to hear more than an earful for this week's fun.

If you have enough free time to really get upset at this board, the real problem may be your excess of free time...

5. Losttsol

Losttsol Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    It's also 10% of the people doing 90% of the trash talking. Really though, it's kind of like background music to me now. I'd feel as if something was wrong if there weren't a few people jabbering about some utter nonsense at all times.

6. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    Wow, I'll tell you......... that Massachusetts education.

Well done, Spicoli. While you may suffer from multiple personality disorder, your brain is so sharp. Spicoli has the uncanny ability to maintain calm, and disassociate himself from his emotions while summing up the Swellinfo experience. This place stirs the emotions. I keep a box of tissues and sedatives by hand at all times. It was succinct synopsis of the whole deal. Bravo. Pulitzer !! Pulitzer !!

Though Spicoli, I must take exception to one issue. Mr. Swellinfo Guy should thank us. Our constant activity on here brings in the ads, which in-turn buys beach houses with pools. POOLS !!! I still can't get over that he has a pool ! The dude used to ban me frequently all the while I'm feeding his dog. But that's cool. Dogs are good.

Oh southern guys, a pool is a ce- ment pond.........where y'all wash or "warsh" after chasing varmits.

7. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    Oh for shoots and giggles I checked the viewing and posting history of some who insult the non-surfing nonsense. Those who speak ill of the characters....

I won't mention names in respect to HIPPA Laws, but I found that these people spend much more time on the threads they claim to dislike, and much less time on Surf Related threads.

{Macgregor - the last two threads, performed consecutively, took me one day to come up with - 24 hours]

8. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    We have no need for cement ponds. We stick to bathing in pluff mud.

9. Kuono

Kuono Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010

^^Truth x2

It usually takes me actually talking to live people at the surf shop now - :D

10. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Pjb, you extracted 8 paragraphs (see below) out of one question, asked by me. The question wasn't for you, but, it was about your complete lack of consideration towards people who may be reading what's written on this forum. Clearly I disagree with your live fast, die young, sniff drugs rant, and most folks with their head on straight would disagree as well. I can't disagree? You making rules? That's one example of your hypocrisy right there. Oh wait, let me guess, "where?" Right? That's called denial, something you should be well versed on.

You said you attempted reaching out to folks with drug issues in this forum, yet you make low digs at me and my DEAD best friend who died from the same habit you had. Who is that helping?

Josh and I fought for our lives together. He flatlined twice on the table and lived, only to succumb to heroin 10 years later. According to you, these things went down in Ocean county. How could you possibly know that? You ASSUMED! That's only one example of your rampant assumptions btw. You want a list? Go f*ck yourself.

Josh was there when, and practically forced me to lose my virginity to a Philippino girl at the age of 15. I love Josh and miss him dearly, so does his brother, 3 sisters, mother and father who are all family to me. You think that makes me a "sissy"? Oh look, another one of your assumptions right there. Oh wait, let me guess again, "where?". Right Idiot?

When I told you "I'm a good person", that was a proclamation or an FYI, as in I care about all people and I'm trying to do the community a solid by sharing some real life, heartfelt experience and caution; only to be met by your insensitive negativity, assumption, and hypocrisy.

You like telling us how smart you are, while clearly demonstrating your not smart enough to effectively identify proclamation, hypocrisy, and assumption. You ask me to re-read while completely failing on your own self evaluation. That would be ironic hypocrisy btw.

Pjb, you strike me as the type of person who is never wrong in your own mind and the type who never apologizes to anyone, for anything ever. You put yourself on this weird pedestal where the rest of us aren't up to par because we didn't live your exact life. You should try being a little more humble.

Don't go and flatter yourself any more then you do already, this reply is in the name of JOSH, my deceased best friend who can't speak for himself.

Like I said before, check yourself son.

Here's your 8 paragraphs loaded with assumption and hypocrisy, that you extracted from a one sentence question that wasn't directed at you.
    Via pm:

"Yeah, I caused your friend to OD. It was all my fault.

I'm also to blame for the country's.....no, the whole world's, drug problems.

It's all my fault. You figured it out. Parents beware.

A generation of stupid kids sit waiting my words, and they do everything I say. Even though my pro-drug posts are tongue-in-cheek..........I'm glad you are ok with eating pizza

But I can't talk aboot drugs in a light-hearted manner because your friend died.

Please send me a list of subjects that you deem taboo. Good Lord, I wouldn't want to offend anybody.

Hey you should send complaints to Mr. Swellinfo Guy. Maybe he'll ban me again.

Actually, I've been thinking that I'm kind of getting tired of this place. Everybody's always got a problem. It's kind of run its course. All people do is hassle each other."

11. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Yep, this forum. This one. This one only. THIS one.

12. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    you know, you're right. this is exactly the kind of **** i don't like about this place.

so, i quit. you win, PJB. ya happy now?

13. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    Douglas correct me if I am wrong, but you always start with me.

I don't know how to get this through your head. You got all ticked with me because you started a thread aboot it being bad to glorify smack.

I responded, not at you(very important piece of info there) that people glorify alcohol on this site all the time. Alcohol is the most deadly drug out there.

Then you went at me. I never said anything bad aboot your friend. All I said is that just because you know someone who died from it doesn't mean the rest of the world has to watch what they say around you. You would be a big hit in AA/NA meetings as they share that hypocrisy also.

Yeah, I've been on practically everything. But if someone wants to hype rocks and PCP......hey that's there choice. I don't care.

And yes, I've been trying to reach Meatball for months, and I led RCarter out of his addiction to marijuana.

And Doug your little tirade up there doesn't really prove any point. I read and reread it, and all I get is the proclamations from a confused person. A lot of forced big words. And yes I am able to "identify proclamation."

You still don't get it do you. You're still talking aboot Josh as he is the only person to succumb to heroin use. You see the heroin issue as all aboot how it affected YOU. If I say live fast and die young, so what? I don't have to watch my speech aboot drugs because you know someone who died from it.

And no Doug, I don't take into consideration every friggin person that might be offended by anything I say. I'd never speak again....nobody would.

I mention Ocean County because all of a sudden it's all you hear around here aboot how they are OD'ing up there. It's in the papers constantly.

And those "8 paragraphs" you reprinted at the end of your post..........ummm they weren't in response to a "single question" ( I don't even know what question you are referring to), they were in response to you getting bent because I talked aboot alcohol.

Yeah, go back and read the thread again. You launched at me partner. I didn't "attack" you. And you "ASSUMED" I spoke aboot alcohol because you mentioned drinking with your friend in heaven. But you assumed wrong. That had nothing to do with it.

Dude, what is your point?

I commend you on your use of multiple paragraphs though. I might not have gotten through all of that if it was one paragraph. Everybody should take note of this.

Doug, you told me before that you don't understand half of my posts. I think this is another shinning example of that.

Ok so let me get this straight. I can't say anything remotely glorifying drug use, especially opiates because of your ordeal? Is there anything else you are sensitive to?

You know Doug, it's like me getting angry when someone says to someone else, " GO KILL YOURSELF" because I know someone who killed themselves. Like, everybody is supposed to be reverent aboot suicide around me? And guess what? I know people who died from alcohol, dope, guns.........but I don't expect people to watch their tongue around me concerning these subjects.

Ahh, another day, and another scrap.

NUMBER OF DAYS WITH OUT A WORK RELATED INJURY OR SCRAP - 0

[Macgregor - this was a long one......luckily I expected it. This post took five days to compose]

14. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    surf on people!

15. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    NJSURFER42,

ummmm, what does this have to do with me?

Ummm, Doug started this.........

And what did I win?

Do you mean that you haven't come up with an interesting surf related topic yet?

Don't blame this crap on me, NJSURF. I haven't been following Doug around taking jabs at him. Doug posted "exactly the kind of **** that you don't like" but you blame me. You blame me?

OY VEY !!!

[Macgregor - 20 minutes...]

16. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    I expected nothing less from you pjb/sjb/billy/frenchie. Your one ignorant, self absorbed, insane scumbag. Good luck with that kook.

Oh, and great job reinforcing everything I said, kook.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  17. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    doug, dont waste your time on Mr Devine, he is obviously mental ill, and while mildly entertaining (like the special Olympics) confronting him just brings you (us) down to sponge level

18. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    Oh dear Lord, what was wrong with my post.....?

What, that you had no viable answer?

WHAT in the world could you possible refute or have a problem with? Doug, man, you and me are two way different people.

I'm self-absorbed, but you think people have to watch what they say around you? You think having an negative experience with something makes the topic off-limits to the rest of the world........And I'm self-absorbed?

Insane? I don't know. I don't think so, but I keep hearing it. Though most of those who call me insane aren't too bright. So, you got me. I don't know.

Hey Doug, I have a brilliant suggestion. Use the IGNORE function........or stop poking the bear. I didn't say a word to you in over a week. You had to chime in on me. So, now you're the victim, huh. Ahh, you remind me of a women I know.

Scumbag? Well, I do take, like, at least two showers a day, so..........I don't know aboot that.

Jeez, this place gets confusing. First, I know everything. Now, I'm ignorant. No wonder I am insane.

Frenchie? What kind of insult was that?

Hey, Za Gaffer's SJB not me !!!

{Macgregor - I got this one done pretty quickly....... like, 10 minutes, dude}

19. AggroNE

AggroNE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Respect the sponge.

20. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    And hey here's the scavenger looking for an easy in. Right on time.

So how was them waves today, brah? How was the Sandy's shorebreak today? You body surfing madman. I challenge that you surf them big waves, MIS-13. I say you don't. I think you talk a big game on the computer. But that's just my opinion.

Great plan MIS-13.......sit around and try and bond with anyone who gets negative with me. (Loud Applause)

I'm Mr. Divine, huh? This coming from a guy who thinks he knows all aboot God, the universe, the afterlife, society, politics.........

He has the answers to all of life's questions. You should start a 900 phone service.

MIS-13, I know you are trying to make some buddies on here, but dude, really give it a rest. It's getting too easy any more.

OH HEY !!! MIS-13 made fun of the Special Olympics. I have a relative who is disabled !!!! Hey HE CAN'T SAY THAT. I HAVE A RETARDED RELATIVE.......I'M UPSET !!!! YOU HAVE TO WATCH WHAT YOU SAY AROUND ME....
    I'll be contacting the Special Olympic Committee to voice my complaints.

Ok fools, I'll be retiring for the evening. This is your time to shine. Make it count. I won't be around. Or you could be tuff like Johnny Cade and wait till I'm back.

[Oh Macgregor - 48.5 minutes on that one. You have to be crafty when dealing with the ONE who understands the universe.]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.