Nicaragua Surf Resorts

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Swellchaser, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Swellchaser

Swellchaser Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Whats up everyone. I know there are a ton of forums focusing on Nica, however I need info on places to stay around Playa Colorado or Popoyo for reasonable pricing.

http://www.nicaraguasurfreport.com/houseslist.php?id_secc=19

This site has awesome packages for more a group of 4 or more, but this trip is just gona be two of us.

Where have you all stayed in the past? and do you know of places in Playa Colorado that have prices similar to nicawaves?? Thanks in advance everyone!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. ukelelesurf

ukelelesurf Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2007

3. bungalowparkbob

bungalowparkbob Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
  4. CRAD4LYFE

CRAD4LYFE New Member

Oct 16, 2012
  5. pcsurfer2

pcsurfer2 Active Member

May 15, 2013
    Clubdelsurf.com is nice I stayed there in August 2012, there were four of us so it was $600 for the week, that included transfer to and from the airport, three meals a day and drinks (not alcohol), three boat trips, and three truck trips. The rooms were nice with a/c and hot water, there is Wi-Fi on the premises and the food is really good. I am going back there this summer to stay for a week.

6. Swellchaser

Swellchaser Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks a lot Uke Surf and C RAD! Both of those places seem awesome and are what I'm looking for. You guys rock.

F--- u bob lol

7. bungalowparkbob

bungalowparkbob Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Hehe. It's very easy down there thanks to us gringos blowing the place up. If you want to be spitting distance from Rancho Santana you can stay with the local family at Villa Jiquelite for 12 bucks a head if you share. Not as clean, no pool, but your on the sand. Effing natural playground...

8. Marlindo Nicaragua

Marlindo Nicaragua Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Hi this is Jeff from Marlindo resort.....you should check out my site. www.marlindoresort.com I know it's easy for whatever goon to state " we're the best blah blah blah etc etc. i've been there 10 years now and am finally opening our new hotel after years of slugging it out in the trenches. I've got the nicest fastest widest most comfortable fish and surf boat in the area and I'm also know for being the best chef in the entire zone. I would love to put you on some epic surf and fishing......The surf sanctuary as mentioned above runs a tight ship. We're all good friends and all work closely together. i get their overflowmwhen their booked and vice versa.....Our place is brand new and we couldn't be more excited about this new chapter in our lives...

Check out the site www.marlindoresort.com and if you'd like also check out the fundraiser we're doing. YOU MIGHT win a vacation for four all inclusive...

regards

Jeff

9. PumpingDrainerz

PumpingDrainerz Member

Oct 30, 2012
    club del surf in popoyo. It was 20 a night with breakfast and the people were as great as the waves. check them out for sure. I think its gone up since earlier this year but not by much.

10. Marlindo Nicaragua

Marlindo Nicaragua Member

Jan 30, 2014
    There are a few reasonable, clean, operations with decent food available at most places. From the stinky backpackers ($8.00 a day for a bed and fan) all the way up to the high end. It just depends on the budget you have and the thing's you want to do while you're on said boat. Boat trips to certain surf spots are an average of $30/hr for a little panga (local boat) that might at best have a little shade with a canopy. That's fine If you just want to run to the surf spot and jump off the boat and surf all day. If you want someone that is knowledgeable to put you on the best surf and fishing possible with zero guess work you have to pay a little more but the end result(your happiness) is well worth the $ you're going to spend on your trip with the limited amount of time you have available.

If you stay with me or not I would be more than happy to give you any guidance I can to help make your vacation a memorable one.... Whether you look at marlindoresort .com popoyosurflodge.com surfaricharters.com surfsanctuary.com etc etc I will give you honest feedback. Other than surf sanctuary i have run the culinary programs for the others mentioned since 2003. We all are all good freinds and are a tight knit community..... Check us out please. You won't be disappointed. If we're not in your budget range let me know where you're considering staying and I'll be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

The prices for a group of 2 are always going to be higher than a group of four. Gas prices are through the roof. For 2 person's we're @ $1750.00 pp. That is with 3 boat trips (surf,fish, or both) Professional surf photos, all food beverage (liquor etc included) and we do BARR none have the best culinary program out of anyone for 50 miles.....I am close friends with Jeff Hakman of Quiksilver and whenever the Quik Exec's come down we cater private dinner parties for them. We just recently catered several dinners for Tom Carey (volcom staff photog) mason Ho, Chippa Wilson, Josh Kerr, and Ezekial Lau. On the culinary forefront no one can touch us. On every other front we work our ass off to make sure you leave wanting to come back...let me know if I can help in any way..

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014