What To Do When It's Flat

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by RIsurfer, Feb 25, 2014.

1. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    I don't know if there is already a thread about this, couldn't find one. Anyway, what do you do when its flat? Go for a paddle? Go on swellinfo and post useless threads? Put on your wetsuits and take them off again? Skateboard? Snowboard? Ski? (I ski) I bet NJshredmachine is getting his guns ready for the next 23 foot swell in Belmar.

By the way, if you look at all these mid-atlantic cams, there is not one with waves over 2 feet. http://www.surfchex.com/index.php And check out my homebreak forecast and cam: http://www.swellinfo.com/surfreport/narragansett-rhode-island-cam Forecast: flattttttttt.jpg

2. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    What the heck!?!?!? Has anyone seen this before!?!?! 990x482_Quiver12_Surfboards_feb14.jpg

3. surfingwasteland

surfingwasteland Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Don't panic young man. This happens every month, no need to post the rhode island forecast copious amounts of times. Figure it out for yourself.

The best thing about east coast surfing is being able to have other hobbies as well.

Personally, I like to Mountain Bike, Skateboard, Rock Climb, dive, fish, cliff jump, drink beer at noon, build things, and think about business opportunities.

4. shark-hunter

shark-hunter Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    East coast surfing sucks if you really love surfing/body boarding. We ride it because we live here. If you want to ride a couple times a week in chest high waves all year long, you can't. Period. It's like loving powder and comparing Utah skiing to wachusett or better yet yawgoo! lol If surfing is something you do once in a while and do a ton of other things instead, then you're ok on east coast.

So you going to start blowing up spots in ri again posting pics now that you back to RI? Should have stayed in utah. At least you get good skiing and we won't have to worry about you blowing spots up.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  5. surfingwasteland

Jul 24, 2011
    OHHHH your talking about the surf report I used to run for all of Rhodys secret Spots? Sorry if it left no room for you and your sponge during your beach season, you must really love it to skip out on it in the winter.

6. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    LOL....There not secret's, but you're blowing them up advertising them like that. Especially some of the lesser known that you posted. GH should not have been posted. Especially reporting when it's good. Total jackass move

No one cares about you posting the other spots. Their the circus show.

7. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    This genius surfingwasteland used to have this dumb blog where he'd take pictures at first lightof what place was working and posted some pics from a uncrowded beach break spot. Hey seldom, thank god he didn't post your spot.

8. surfingwasteland

Jul 24, 2011
    yeah, i calculated about a 43% increase in the lineup, not to mention the extra parking I put in to aide the masses. Real Sorry about that, please don't stab me with that knife you carry around with you in lineups next time you see me.

9. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    LOL
    I'm a "soul boogie boarder" ;) I believe in peace and serenity and love the beauty of the ocean. I'm not at all aggressive in the "lineup".

10. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    Just don't post gh and we are all good. Of course, now you'll probably do a special report for it just in spite. lol

11. surfingwasteland

Jul 24, 2011
    You're an idiot.

12. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    I'm real worried what you think of me. lol It's a real concern. lol

13. Bodyboarding4Life89

Bodyboarding4Life89 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Why do i keep seen post about stand up board and body board isn't both surfing you ride a wave ain't that why we do it because we love it no matter how u do it i love body board and my brother does stand up surfing that don't meen im going to hate him (JUST LOVE IT) and thank god you can do it not everyone can do it.

14. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Shark/wasteland...you two should just hug it out or just start PM'ing each other...no need to clog multiple threads trolling one another....

As for the topic...Ding repair and training...laugh all you want...swimming, TRX, etc. always feel good even after a long flat swell. But even a knee high wave causes me to bail on my regime...

15. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    Same silliness existed with skiing vs snowboarding....sega vs. ninentendo. ect ect. I don't really care anyway. Just want to have fun doing what I love. It's very immature people that do stuff like ****ting on body boarding.

16. Bodyboarding4Life89

Bodyboarding4Life89 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    I know what u mean shark but is all good people like that thats how they spend there time hating on everything that is different from what they do (THAT'S WHAT THEY DO WHEN ITS FLAT) Haha is so funny but is all good Brah Shark just keep doing what u love It's our PASSION..