Ripcurl Winter Suits

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by RIsurfer, Aug 9, 2013.

1. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Been seeing these flash bomb 6/5/4 winter suits and they look awesome, but wondering if anyone has any reviews on them.

2. blankp

blankp Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    My buddy has one and loves it dries in 15 minutes way to much $ for me

3. Gfootr

Gfootr Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Great suit. Toasty. But look around, sometimes you can find a deal. I usually buy the model that's closing out.

4. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    Thanks for the info, I thought they would be pricy, especially w/ the flash lining.

5. surfsolo

surfsolo Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    zipper sucks, but warmest suit I've ever worn

6. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I have an e- bomb which is a lesser suit and its awesome. Can only imagine how warm the flashbomb is.

7. hinmo24t

hinmo24t Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2012
    they look nice but are pretty expensive. I have had great experience with xcel and hyperflex 654's and they are way less money...

8. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    ditto. i wear the e-bomb 5.5/4.5 & it is by far the best winter suit i've worn. it's much lighter & more flexible than my 4/3 flashbomb+, which is a big factor for me since i don't get cold real easily. i'd rather have a more flexible suit than a heavier, warmer suit.

9. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    www.whiskeymilita.com has had some Ripcurl suits on sale recently. Get on there now and go to the SURF sections in PRIVATE STASH and they might still be available.

10. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    zipper sucks? I thought it was the best zipper and most water tight out of all.

11. Brode

Brode Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I have a 5/4 and a 4/3 Flash Bomb. Love the suits. Only complaint is water comes up the ankles and wrists. Because the flash lining doesn't have the grip and seal of neoprene, water easily seeps in those areas. Im also skinny so that may have something to do with it too.

If they would add a rubber ring or something inside the ankles and wrists lining it would be the BEST suit ever!

12. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    A buddy raves about his new RipCurl Flash Bomb Plus 5/4 front zip with new E4 Tech, warm and flexible. I'm with Zippy, the E Bomb much lighter and more flex over the regular Flash Bomb so seems RipCurl solved those issues with the new E 4 as Flash Bomb is supposed to be 20% lighter? I gave up trying to find this suit seems RipCurl sold out of some of these models/sizes until late March or April.

13. SI_Admin

SI_Admin Guest

I have the 5/4 flash bomb, and like it a lot.
    I haven't worn it this winter though unfortunately, since I"ve been injured.

14. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Love my 5/4 insulator. Only negative - Not crazy about the hood...no cinch. Kinda opens up around the face easily when I fall on a wave.

15. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    brrr!! :eek:

16. Surfing90

Surfing90 Member

Jan 11, 2014
    i have a 3/2 e-bomb that i love my buddy got the last flash bomb which i was bummed about till i bought my one ill pyrotech and hands down best suit I've ever had and dries real well also and the techno butter is super gooey

17. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    don't even get me started on the 2 mil, cinching on one side, pulling-your-eye-lid-to-your-chin-filling-your-ears-with-water-every-time-you-duckdive oneill mutant.

18. surfin

surfin Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    @ Brode use velcro straps around your ankle and wrist cuffs , helps out a lot with seepage .

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  19. Mad Atom

Mad Atom Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Same here. I wear the 5.5/4.5 ebomb as well. I bought it used in ok shape and am still very impressed with it. I'd buy RipCurl again for sure.

20. Chuck'd

Chuck'd Member

Nov 20, 2013
    I picked up a Quiksilver Cypher 6/5/4 last month and love it. Cheap too, picked it up for $262. Its got pretty good flex for the thickness and the bio fleece liner is great.