Destination Sebastian

Discussion in 'East Florida' started by dceev224, Nov 6, 2008.

1. dceev224

dceev224 Active Member

Jun 10, 2007
    were taking a trip to sebastian were is a good place to go to get some waves . :D

2. daniel19805

daniel19805 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2008

3. fltraveler

fltraveler Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2008
    sebas

hahaha, there are plenty of other waves to the north that get good as well, the inlet is the best bet though

4. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    sebastian inlet, one of the most consistent and best breaks in florida. And also the most crowded. Just to the north, you have spanish house, and then a little drive to the north there are breaks in Melbourne Beach and Indialantic.

5. CleetBoogie

CleetBoogie Member

Nov 7, 2007
    i hate florida and cant wait to graduate school this january and get back to the mid atlantic

6. stoopidsurf

stoopidsurf New Member

Oct 22, 2008
    ha

cleetboogiiieeeeee

7. CleetBoogie

CleetBoogie Member

Nov 7, 2007
  8. smithtim

smithtim Active Member

Sep 24, 2008
    depends on the direction of the swell... the north ( park side with facilites) is usually consisitent, but can be busy. If the swell is big enough and coming from the right direction then their is an outside break on the south side "monster hole" that will give you a really looooong ride, many people claim that it is "florida's best"???? Only thing is that it is a bit of a paddle out and it is called "monster hole" not becasue the waves are huge!

BTW I see your from Miami and I was curious to ask if their is a storm coming up does Cape Florida Park ever break??? as I've been there a bunch of times to hang out with wife and eat at the grill etc I've never really seen any rideable waves but always wonder how it goes with a storm moving the right direction

9. fltraveler

fltraveler Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2008
    does anyone know what the best conditions are for monster hole? ive only seen it break a couple times but have never paddeled out there cause it looked a little soft. I figured it is best on a north swell on low tide, but am not sure

10. dceev224

dceev224 Active Member

Jun 10, 2007
    i dont really knw where C.F.Prk is , is that were the lighthouse is at i usaully go to southepointe M.Beach between 1st and 5th st Oceandrive there`s also Haulover beach around 80th street and Collins. during storms its really choppy and disorganize but rideable we make the best of it , its better durring winter

11. smithtim

smithtim Active Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Thanks, for the info... yeah C.F. Park is teh park where the lighthouse is

12. dceev224

dceev224 Active Member

Jun 10, 2007
    ok i know where that is , i used to go there as a kid with my family havent been ther in years but out of curiosity i`ll check it out maybe it gets good .. :D

13. surfdogandhisbeach

surfdogandhisbeach Member

Nov 29, 2007
    To FLTRAVELER - Check out Surfguru.com for Sebastian Inlet 411 - I go there about 100 times a year.