best board for Nicaragua

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by SurfJdog, Mar 10, 2014.

1. wavehog1

wavehog1 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Fully plan on and doing are a big difference when it gets big out there!

The difference between Outer Popoyo and Pipeline is... Pipeline has a hospital!!!

Guy died out there last year and they used my board bag to put him in!!! (I let them keep it)

2. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    going on the high tide might help w/this...

3. frontsidecrotchgrab

frontsidecrotchgrab Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Nope. Good ol regular foot.

4. frontsidecrotchgrab

Oct 29, 2012
    Ill say this, I've surfed many a reef around the world. But ill be honest, above 12 feet, ill start to look for some sheltered spots.

5. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    so have i - thats a free kin expert slope - ever notice how some or many beaches/points/reefs can accommodate
    beginners/int/and advanced? this is so NOT ONE OF THEM. experts only please...

6. wavehog1

Sep 20, 2013
    The outer reef at Popoyo gets really sick above 10'! You may think you're going to take it on and fully plan on doing so until you get there! Even if you can gather up the cohones to paddle out there once you get up and close personal to that wave you're going to have second thoughts!

7. frontsidecrotchgrab

Oct 29, 2012
    with how you fellas are on about popoyo reef, i expect it to be by far the gnarliest reef ive surfed.

8. wavehog1

Sep 20, 2013
    When its big it does get gnarly! If the swell says anything above 5' its going to be triple overhead on the outer reef!

There are many other good spots to hit though. You don't have to sacrifice yourself. The inside reef at Popoyo gets pretty good! Can also be crowded!

9. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    never-never land is getting worked by the crowd on the inside while watching and knowing
    that you don't have what it takes for the outside….

10. Shred Ripper

Shred Ripper Member

Nov 12, 2012
    I went there once in May and it was like the only week it wasn't going off probably. There were waves but I wish I brought my fish.