Sandbridge This AM

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by chicharronne, Apr 8, 2014.

1. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Looked sweet from the roof top I was on. appeared to be chest high, glassy. pealing lefts/rights. Until a guy paddled out, then it dropped to knee/waste.

was it anyone on here?

2. havanasand

havanasand Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    that was probably me. I didnt see anyone else out until about 10 mins before I got out of the water. Not a bad lunch break.

3. chicharronne

Jun 22, 2006
    I was on top of Sandbridge Island Restaurant. There were 3 whales pretty close.

4. havanasand

Aug 9, 2011
    Then you didnt see me. I was north at Dam Neck. And your report was spot on. Would've liked to have seen the whales, though.

5. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I was in Sandbridge last week. Got in 3 sessions .. Friday am was clean.. also grabbed a pizza at SBIR on Friday.. It seems things have recovered somewhat from last years replenishment.

6. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Swell-wise, nothing reportable from Dam Neck this afternoon. Water was quite a bit more fishy smelling than usual. Don't know if that's attributable to the the day long rain we had yesterday.

7. havanasand

Aug 9, 2011
    Nasty smelling yesterday morning for sure.

8. chicharronne

Jun 22, 2006
    in '84 I had a job with GAVCO putting shower piping in the new Barracks, right on the beach. Sweet break but the water was always rust brown.

9. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Havana: The foam had a brown-green tinge to it. Don't think I swallowed too much of it. Was doing a lot of spitting out there.
    There were five us out off the Dam Neck radar test building 5-6PM yesterday. None of us having a lot of luck catching anything but a few short rides. The tide was still high, which didn't help. Thinking about trying again today, but conditions look to be worse than yesterday. I started using the old 8 ft round pin tail I got from Jim. Big change from that old, beat up beginner board I 'd been using, but a lot lighter and much more maneuverable.

For the past several weeks, I just haven't been getting much out there. Often windblown and choppy. Been going out mid-late afternoons, so maybe I'll try mornings. Been temporarily working at contractor warehouse off International Pkwy near the Lynnhaven Mall since January, so I haven't been going to the base in the morning. Getting our radar parts inventories squared away.