Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach LIVE

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Erock, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    iPhone + hdmi adapter + hdmi cable. The Apple adapter was like $20.
    The video automatically exports when you plug the adapter in.
    I'm not sure about other smart phones, but possibly the same set-up.

2. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    I've got those too. Were you putting it straight into a tv or a receiver? Did the audio carry or did you need an aux cable? Sometimes audio doesn't carry through the hdmi cord for me.

3. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    No aux cable, straight to the tv. I noticed certain phone cases don't allow you to fully engage the hdmi adapter into the phone without removing them (the case). Make sure the contacts are clean.
    Sometimes I have to unplug, then reinsert the adapter for the phone to export.

It's a good way to watch Netflix,hulu, and what not too. Just make sure you're on wifi or have an unlimited data plan!

4. risurfdog

risurfdog Active Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I watched on the wife's iPad plugged in to the tv with an hdmi adapter. I bought 2 knock offs adapters first and they both failed grrr.
    I finally broke down and bought the Apple brand adapter, it works flawless hdmi with audio full widescreen on a 60" tv.
    Wow the best 40 bucks (works the same with iPhone) I ever spent and I will be watching all the events. Seriously you can't tell it's a webcast it's that good!

And oh yeah go Kelly, it's an East Coast thing haha...

5. newenglandflatness

newenglandflatness Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    I wasn't at my house when I was watching to test for sure, but you should be able to Chromecast it off Youtube.

6. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    the webcast has really sucked this event.it loads,plays for 20 seconds,buffers for 20 minutes.i started watching at the jjf and slater heats,not the one he got the 10,i seen 2 rides go down while I was watching for 2 hrs.i gave up

7. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Wtf's up with Kelly? It looked like he was riding a bonzer or some thing....

8. Gilman Photography

Gilman Photography Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    haha, worst surfed quarter final in a long time

9. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    JJ over Kelly in the quarters on changing swell. Love the post-heat interviews with JJ. Can't get enough of those. I counted 11 times where he mentions being "sooo stoked".

Just wanna know, is JJ stoked or what?

When's MF gonna get rolling this year?!

10. jlmlax99

jlmlax99 Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Jordy shouldve gotten a 10

11. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    dude erock, our womens team on swellinfo crew is doing better than the guys. we have some of the top people in the world in our crew. im 238 in the world. too bad there is no prize for the ladies.... hows every body doing on the mens team fantasy wise?

12. Gilman Photography

Gilman Photography Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    and my whole fs team just got massacred in the quarters....

13. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    few issues, maybe, in those early rounds,..anyway, really things were firing,.. going great and then they move the comp for the semi and final and they **** themselves. i say JJF got screwed over some, i turned it off, then by the time i turn it back on, i am greeted to J. Wilson ranting at the end of his heat.. Just saying,, the good vibe died for some reason.

14. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    I'm stoked for this final four though. 4 of my favorite surfers and I'd have to look but I think it's the final four from the Hurley where I predicted 3 of the 4. I know there are several pros that were expected to do well in this event or were at least hot lately on the tour that didn't advance this far. But I'm stoked with who we are looking at now. Just guys I really like to watch ride.

Btw, when I was last in the PNW I heard a rumor that the final scene in Point Break said to be at Bells was really shot at a certain cove in OR.

15. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    always bummed when an aussie wins. i only root for the 'mericans!!

16. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Break

17. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Not sure what happened to my account. Didn't update it for 2 events and my whole roster got dumped out. In years past, if you just leave your lineup how it is, it stays active all year...

Bummer. Shoulda paid attention, I was doing pretty well.

18. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
  19. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    the thing I hate the most of these aussie contests is the bias judging.i know theres judges that represent each part of the world,but stop throwing these scores out.micks winning wave was a high 8 and if Kelly did a ride like that hed get a 4.he threw no spray whatsoever.jordy does some crazy turns and loses.john john does a nice air,a 10,no more like micks winning score a high 8.i remember the gold coast last yr,parko started off the semis with a 10 for 2 barrels 1 wave that he barely got coverd up.kelly in the finals rides that sandsucking closeout and gets a 9 instead of a 10.iv been watching contests for a long time,10 yrs ago u had to earn a 10,they didn't throw them out like they do now

heres an example from the past
    [video=youtube;Cfx12IES9ZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfx12IES9ZE[/video]

20. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    You can't really compare scoring in different rounds. It's always on a sliding scale. If they give a 7 and the next wave in the heat is better it's going to be scored higher and so on with each wave... So you can have a drainer in round two that's an 8 and a few turns in the final that's a 9.
    I think it was CJ last year in Bali that was *****ing that he was scored too high on his 1st wave.