Wounded Warrior Project

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Blackfish, May 3, 2014.

1. Blackfish

Blackfish Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Got a chance to work with the Wounded Warrior Project yesterday at Wrightsville teaching Vets to surf, Had an absolute blast. Such a positive group and absolutely fearless, the woman I helped had never seen the ocean before...talk about stoke after her first stand up. Made me think of being a kid again. If you get the chance do some volunteer work, its good for you. Trust Me, I haven't been that stoked to be in thigh high waves in a long time.

2. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Blackfish you done good brah. That post got me wicked stoked!

3. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    a worthy cause

4. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    this +1000000.

such an awesome group.

5. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    heres where everyone is going to think I a giant @$$hole

these guys decided to be murderers for hire and then they became maimed physically and psychologically? This cant be a surprising result of becoming a murderer

wars aren't about freedom, they are about corporate profit, (no matter what you tell yourself) so when you fight and kill to make money for yourself and others, obviously the results will be bad
    sucks these guys are hurt, but this was their choice. And a poor one at that

6. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    [​IMG]

you don't have to agree w/ why they made the choices they did to agree that WWP is a great organization. leave politics out of it.

7. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    nothing to do with politics, everything to do with morality. if you think killing people for money is acceptable, you are the one that has to face the mirror. good luck. I wonder how these guys sleep at night?

8. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    many of them don't, including a good friend of mine. that's the whole point of the WWP.

ever heard the phrase, "support the troops but not the war"? you may not think so, but it is possible to want the best for the troops while disagreeing w/ why they do what they do. is it morally right to allow vets to kill themselves, or wallow in alcoholism or drug abuse after they serve?

9. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    didn't think of it like that, thanks for heads up. it would be great if wwp started a campaign to talk others from joining, then that would be legit

there wouldn't a war if troops decided NO and did something else beside enlisting. everyone has a choice

10. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    lol ....... whatever bro

my old man

[​IMG]

11. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    some of my cousins are marines, my great uncles one both sides were in WW2, both grandfathers (Normandy/Philippines), doesn't mean I buy the BS

12. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    you don't get it

that's ok

i donate to a local grouphttp://www.stepupforsoldiers.org/

13. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Good job, Blackfish.
    You're a doer and a contributor, one of those who helps make the world a better place - particularly for those who sacrificed a lot and continue to suffer from it.
    I don't necessarily buy into all the politics, but I do believe in supporting our troops.

14. Blackfish

Blackfish Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2013
    The woman I was helping joined because she wanted more than Missouri, a college degree in fact. She didn't join to be in the infantry, she worked logistics and her convoy got blown by an IED and wound up with a TBI and PTSD. Did she get what she deserved? We spent a great deal of time discussing what it was like the first time that both of us got shot at and how surreal it was, it was cathartic not just for her but for me too. These are people who need help and while I don't agree with war, helping somebody experience joy even for a minute, doesn't make you a war sympathizer it makes you a human being.

15. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Perhaps this better belongs in last week's "Books" thread, but read Matt Craw's (a fellow Forum member) "The Song Each Bullet Sings" to get an enlisted Marine's perspective on the war in Iraq following 9/11. Matt and others, including Pat Tillman of the Arizona Cardinals, joined the military in response to 9/11. They felt it a duty to do so, much like others did following the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941. These guys and gals aren't "murderers" or "baby killers", they are patriots and many are heros.

16. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    Rx0e38m.jpg
    never mind that babies died, they are HEROES /sarc off

god you guys are brainwashed kooks

Pat tillman was killed by friendly fire AND THEY COVERED IT UP

what does it take to wake you up, a 2x4 to the head?

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  17. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014

we have to kill the babies to grind their little bodies into oil

its ok though as long as we have hundred dollar bills to wipe the sweat away

no thx on the 2x4 tho

18. Mattyb

Mattyb Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Make it stop, are you serious or just messing around? At family reunions do you call your cousins and grandfathers murderers for hire? Or just insult faceless veterans from the security of your keyboard? If you met me on the street would you call me a murderer? Wonder how that would work out .

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  19. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009

dude, MIS, we had a nice exchange earlier in the thread. there's a time & a place for the discussion you clearly want to have & this is NOT it.

20. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    So you will protect my right for free speech, until I say something you dont like? you do realize that is retarded, right?

My family knows how I feel about war and murder

did you kill anyone? if you did you are a murderer, if you dont like that label, maybe you shouldn't have joined a gang of professional killers?

so nj42 when and where is the discussion to be had? in sanctioned off area like a free speech zone?

If you kill people for money or facilitate murder by assisting in anyway you are MORALLY BANKRUPT