Hi all! I'm the new guy.

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by MichaelJR, May 4, 2014.

1. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Hopefully the shark won't be even more pumped to see you.

2. MichaelJR

MichaelJR Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Quite true. I suppose there's always that other side of the coin, apex predator and all.

Any run ins?

3. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Yeah, just search this site for "shark" and you will see a couple hundred threads.

4. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Thats kinda why I liked it. Seemed like a lawless, free for all. A place to go shoot the sh** out of a rubber wall with no one looking over your shoulder. Even after the safety briefing, my wife spun around twice with a loaded gun in her hand as well all dove to the floor. Knowing that she had 4 mimosas before entering the range was even more distressing. But it was fun as hell. Before that, I had only gone out and shot at trees and stuff in the backwoods of Maryland. But again, I am obviously not the weapons aficionado by any means. A brother just likes to shoot things, and in San Diego, I thought that was the only place to do it. Well, and Logan Heights of course.

5. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Nice on the pork. The Chef at my old restaurant got a HUGE one in his backyard in Bluffton. He dry rubbed it and we barbecued it over at his house. It was the first local, wild boar I had ever had. Very nice.

6. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Well we now know who the two cats will be running the mess hall on the Lotto Winning SI Surf Trip. Don't forget that brewengineer is a 5th level vegan (doesn't eat anything that casts a shadow) and MIS only eats paste.

7. spongedude

spongedude Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    you gonna fire a gun...or ride one?

if yer up in the lost angels area, we got several gun ranges snuggled up next to los montanas (where the hell's my enye?) ..and in azusa canyon, it's a free for all... however, gaffer's got better waves and warmer water...and fewer sharks

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  8. Aguaholic

Aguaholic Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
    2 stage triggers? 5.56 NATO or .223, or did you go big and do a 7.62 build? 30 round clips man...

9. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    hey emass ive been eating mres for a dang week now...

10. MichaelJR

MichaelJR Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Everything I have is 556 AR wise except my lwrc repr. She's 7.62. My safe queen. 7.62 is big money to shoot these days. My repr and m1a haven't seen the light of day for a bit. All the surplus dried up a while ago.

My triggers vary. My 3 gun rigs are Giselle triggers. It's a drop in system, as clean as it gets.
    My others are either 2s or single stage mil. All my non Giselle triggers are nickel boron coated, makes it super smooth...close to match grade without the worries. Those I use on my "end of the world" setups. Durability. The 3 gun rigs are princesses, but can be ran hard and fast. The rigs that are meant for confronting things that go bump in the night are setup to go to hell and back and ask for seconds. All piston guns, except the 3 gun. Direct impingement is inherently more accurate.

No clips man. Magazines.

I need to get out more. I know too much about this stuff.

11. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Yeah. Just make sure you have the mermaids on your side, and there's no worries. Don't piss off the mermaids.

12. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Eating what bro?

13. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    MRE, meals ready to eat. his colon is more dense than lead shot, I feel bad for your plumber

14. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Not true about brew, can't say about MIS. Brew and i are friends on two forms of social media and he's posting pics left and right of some very well smoked meats. Nearly epic meal time status.

15. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Brrrrooomance!!!!!

16. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007

It was staring you directly in the face.

Brrrreeewmance!!!!

We have yet to meet in real life though.

17. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Brrreeewwwmance....hahah....funny sh!t!!!!

18. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    MichaelJR I told that we are a dysfunctional family, didn't I. Oh by the way when your sitting on your ffff...ffff...foam (I could hardly type it) board and a shark comes trolling around you don't freak, trust me happens all the time, he will swim away.....maybe.

19. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Perfect Clemmy. I was in between the park and the gym when I posted that so focus was elsewhere. I'll take responsibility that the pun was intuitively obvious, then again, it's why we have you here bro. That and your fictitious harvest meal.

20. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    I eat all food. I have been phasing out things with fur and focusing fish. I particularity like fish that shaved its fur.