looking for a surfer friend

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by John Ravert, Jul 23, 2014.

1. KillaKiel

KillaKiel Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    The reach out is the reach around's lesser known cousin.

2. HighOnLife

HighOnLife Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????????

3. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

4. Agabinet

Agabinet Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    Empty peaks in New Jersey? WTF.

5. HighOnLife

Jun 3, 2014
    hahahahahahahah wtf!!!!!!! He must collect these!!!

6. HighOnLife

Jun 3, 2014
  7. HighOnLife

Jun 3, 2014
    Contacts are the way to go man

And they got some UV built in.

8. John Ravert

John Ravert Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Good advice, thanks. I rarely venture outside of Margate but I'll have to see what's happening in Ventnor, AC, and OC. If you see me out there on a big yellow longboard, be sure to say hello. I'll do the same.
    Thanks again.
    yellowboard.jpg

9. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    u should take ur kids surfing

10. John Ravert

John Ravert Member

Jun 9, 2013
    They're still learning on their boogie boards. One day, though!

11. TheWocal

TheWocal Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm always down to share the stoke and meet new peeps ferrsure man. If I'm ever in margate I'm be sure to shoot you a pm homie.

12. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    I have similar vision problems without my glasses - both distance and close up though. Can't distinguish faces. Gotten so I recognize others by their boards. The vision's gotten worse with age. It was tough getting used to going without glasses at first; now I don't worry about it much. Normally, I greet others nearby when I first paddle out.

13. TheWocal

TheWocal Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Why don't ya guys wear contacts? I wouldn't be able to surf if I didn't wear my contacts out in the h20

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  14. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    What's up brotha. I'm kind of newish to surfing but I'd be down to meet up and shred. I've been at O.C. every weekend since may. I'll be out there Fri-Sun this week. Let me know if you want to meet up. I'd be down to check out another break too. Feel free to send me a message, name is Kevin.

15. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Dudeskis I think this guy is for real... I don't know how you don't find any friends after 15 yrs of surfing the same spot... But you seem legit.

My advise- there is one swellinfo.com member that is also surfing and looking for friends in that area- so if you meet a guy with a funny accent named GRUVI - make sure to ask him to get pizza after- don't worry, he will pay...

16. John Ravert

John Ravert Member

Jun 9, 2013
    I've only been surfing Margate the past 7 years or so, it was sporadic weekend trips to OC and Stone Harbor up until then. There's a Margate surfer named David that I would see sometimes but I don't even know his last name. I got a few PMs and will be around town this weekend. Looking forward to making new friends. Not an easy task these days. Thanks for all the chitchat.

17. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I'm blind in the water too. Can't wear contacts because of an astigmatism. The contacts are weighted so if you rub your eyes the contacts spin and your cockeyed for the nest 3 minutes until the right themselves. Not fun when a set is coming, lol.

18. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Went my entire life without them, got some about a month ago and it changed everything, stepped my game up big time, and they don't bother me, salt water burns my eyes after a 4hr session with or without em, but to have them now is a game changer. My advise to anybody considering them is to go for it!