Facebook Question?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by ECsponger, Dec 3, 2008.

1. ocripcurrent

ocripcurrent Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Hey Swellinfo, is there anyway to add quick links from your page to facebook? Id like to start posting them for my buds to see. And Id like to recommend Chrome to my friends through you site.

2. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    There is no Swellinfo facebook apps yet... Hopefully some time in the near future... There are a couple technical hurdles.

Not sure what kind of link you are referring to?

3. ocripcurrent

Feb 27, 2008
    now i know what I mean....you have bookmarks under threads for google and digg and such..I was referring to one for facebook. any chance on adding one of those?

↓↓↓↓↓↓Like these...[/B↓↓↓↓↓↓

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  4. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    that would be a mod to the forum... we'll see what can be accomplished.

5. ocripcurrent

Feb 27, 2008
  6. eshore

eshore Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    What would be the point

7. jewstang

jewstang Member

Aug 28, 2008
    facebook = big thumbs DOWN. keep swellinfo as far away as possible.

8. eshore

eshore Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    i use facebook alot but it seems weird to mix the two

9. wbsurfer

wbsurfer Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2008
    yeah i use facebook. it would be cool though for the widget thing to be able to let us put it on our facebook. i have it on my myspace but i would still think it would be cool to be able to put it on facebook. you hear that micah.;)

10. ocripcurrent

Feb 27, 2008
    Facebook is better than MySpace and thats the only way I can communicate with my friends from where I grew up at. I wanna share with some of them whats going on down at the coast

11. ocripcurrent

Feb 27, 2008
    AWW Snap! thanks Micah for putting the BOOKMARKS section in there! Good looking out! thanks again!

12. SI_Admin

SI_Admin Guest

Man you are quick!! I was just about to find this old thread to notify you I added the bookmark features, and bamm, you beat me to it! there is a feature at the top of the threads, and a list of bookmarks at the bottom of threads. This was well over due.

Also, there is a new Facebook Connect feature, where you can connect your facebook profile with your Swellinfo login. This way when you create a thread or post, you have the option of easily adding this to your facebook profile (you can choose to have it post automatically). I am gong to wait to give the official announcement until this is fully integrated with the site... but if you want to make use of it now, then:

if you are logged in, log out of Swellinfo. Then, where you log in, you will notice the facebook icon. Click on that to register your Facebook username. Once you sign in with facebook, you will be asked if you want to link your current Swellinfo username. Go ahead and do that, and you'll be good to go. Then, if you create threads and posts on Swellinfo, you will have a window pop up automatically asking you if you want to publish to your facebook profile. This is a great way to get your friends involved with your forum conversations.

13. ocripcurrent

Feb 27, 2008
    Bad-ASS!! Even more that I asked for! Thanks again man :D

14. rodndtube

rodndtube Well-Known Member

May 21, 2006
    Nice job with the bookmarking to Facebook and other sites from the Forum. Can this also be done for a forecast?

15. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    yes, the bookmarks will be added to the forecast pages. Working on a big upgrade to the Forecast pages, and the bookmarks will be included. Maybe by the weekend or early next week if all goes well.

16. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    what about those widget thing i like those. it would be awesome if we could put those on facebook but overall nice work.

17. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Ya, Its on the to do list :)

18. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    another thing could be a pawn shop since alot of people try and sell stuff on the forums and do it for like mid eastern southestearn and so on.

19. rodndtube

rodndtube Well-Known Member

May 21, 2006
    FWIW, I'd be happy to just see the "pawn shop/for sale" section under a "Global" heading unless sales start booming in which case a west coast/east coast might suffice. More than likely a wetsuit for sale could be of interest globally, not just locally. That could also be the case for the big stuff, like longboards, in which case seeing where somebody is from should help clear that one up... or using a descriptive subject/thread listing, e.g., Retro Fish for sale in Walkie-Talkie, FL.

Nice job... One little quirk: my mouse cursor keeps hanging up on the bookmarking buttons at the top of the thread as it rolls over to the top left of the screen.