BBQ II - taco tutorial

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by your pier, Aug 21, 2014.

1. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Franks has a wing sauce thats pretty decent if you're feeling too lazy to whip up a batch yourself. I think it's actually hotter than the normal Franks.

2. MrMacdugal

MrMacdugal Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    MMMM... cholulah is the best hot sauce. That or Tapatio.
    Thuesdays are taco night every week. Steak.jpg My favorite taco recipe uses Flank steak on the grill. Use the juice of 2 limes, a bunch of soy sauce, white vinegar, white pepper, black pepper, cilantro, oregano, cumin, paprika, chili powder. All marinated together and grilled. Slice into small pieces or cubes. Dice a white onion, mix with salt, vinegar and cilantro for the best slaw ever. Cover with other deliciousness on lightly fried corn tortilla. Eat until coma ensues

3. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    I think marinated flank steak makes the best mexican food (beef wise). It has a rich flavor that holds up to the spices well.

4. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    mmmnn

love these threads

5. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    why u guys always have to post pics of food I cant make or even afford.what is that pork shoulder?looks weird how u got it to look like a taco.

u guys got any hotdog mac n chese recipes lol,that's all I can afford.and chicken once a week.if im lucky I get to eat steak maybe once a month.pork,havnt had pork chops,ribs,anything in years.my girl doesn't eat pork,shes a dirty jew

6. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Cholula is my go to as well.There's a lot less sodium in that then other hot sauces to.

7. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    I'm bout to sign off for the night dining on pink taco!

Mahalo you farkin surfers!

8. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    pork shoulder 3.29$lb at my local butcher...or you can probably get it from you're regional shop for probs 2.79-2.99$lb

9. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    Cep, taco's are ultra cheap, you can make great Tacos without all this fancy sh*t.

Go to a Latin American neighborhood, get a stack of corn tortillas for $1.50, and a can of Goya refried beans (pinto) for $1/1.50. Then a pack of 8oz Borden brand shredded Cheese, Mexican blend, for $2.50. Fry up the tortillas in a bit of butter/olive oil, fry up the beans. Put the beans in the tortillas, add cheese, done.

The most expensive thing is hot sauce...well guess what, you can get that for free at any Chipotle. They often have full unopened bottles just waiting to go home with you- the green jalapeño Tabasco is excellent on tacos. There's no security guards at Chipotle.

It all adds up to super cheap, tasty tacos. Add onions or chopped jalapeños to the pan, they're dirt cheap. Either way, follow my directions and you can eat like a Mexican king for 2/3 bucks a meal.

10. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    if you haven't tried it - try 'presidente' - a dominican beer.

11. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Will do.

12. Chris Joyner

Chris Joyner Moderator

May 23, 2006
    Weber - 2 pork butts and a brisket - Carnitas and some other fun

Pork.jpg

Pork1.jpg

taco.jpg

13. Chris Joyner

Chris Joyner Moderator

May 23, 2006
    Surf and turn from the brisket, burnt ends and some chimichurri tacos...

ends.jpg

surf.jpg

taco2.jpg

14. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
  15. Chris Joyner

Chris Joyner Moderator

May 23, 2006
  16. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    dang bros - great stuff!

17. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    this is getting like the south park episode where randys addicted to the food network