I got hit twice yesterday....

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Dune, Sep 10, 2014.

1. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Yes, please do.

2. Gus

Gus Member

Aug 11, 2014
    NC was bombing like never before?....Yesterday???

3. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    you say this is your spot. he said that it was his spot. you guys had a thing and you left. right now its his spot andyou got bullied. You should of just stayed put. line ups are humanitys best example of the Pack Mentality.

im not talking violence, im just saying you should have stood pat and tried to out surf and paddle him.

4. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    This. I don't know about the rest of all that. But this is the truth.

5. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    It's all just about awareness. On a small day, it's understandable to kind of get cluttered, because no one is really ever being put in danger, then all the sudden, something like this story happens.

Just gotta be aware of your surroundings. Seen it all too much in SoCal. Angry local sees 10 speed bumps on foamies down his line, yet proceeds to crash into them, screaming and shouting and pushing...

Like the other Zach said, if you see an accident about to happen, you hit the breaks, you swerve, you do what you can to prevent it. You don't just continue proceeding into the accident just because its the other guys fault. I tell my wife this same thing in the car all the time. She gets mad when I abruptly tell her or grab her arm when another car is going to merge into her. Her response is "It's their fault"... Im like, yeah, well, I am not trying to get into an accident, so ohh well....

Everyone needs to be aware, and when you go on the first set wave, and it starts to close out and you pop over just to see 3 more waves coming, all with guys coming down the line, closeouts or not, you gotta paddle backwards into no mans land and take it. Had some of my worst beatings that way, but when you get back to the lineup, you get a pat on the back or a nod from the guys riding cause they know you did the right thing.

It's frustrating. Just like the tourists standing in your line, all happy to watch you surfing, not knowing that you are about to plow into them at 20 MPH. You just gotta bail and not hit em.

6. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^^ Well said, end of thread.

7. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    There's nothing that drives me crazier than having people around me in the line up.

Except having a feeb floundering in the impact zone screaming for his mommy as I make a drop..

8. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    only four people in the water and you're getting in each others way...wow.

9. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    But, in the original posters defense, I will have to say, I can't tell you how many blow waves I have had in the past 2 years living here because of situations like this. But the "blown" part is the simple fact that right before I am about to paddle in, I see somebody fluttering in the impact zone, and I have to pull back. Grinds my gears, but I don't just drop in anyway. I would rather blow a wave and let my board live to see another day. Usually, you actually make eye contact with the guy at fault as it happens, and then you do the head shake and pull back... They know they f'ed up and usually they go way down the line after that.... But that is the most common annoyance around here. People just being in the way. It was way different surfing on the west coast. Way more real estate. More distance on the waves, here on these short little 50 yard waves, if a guy doesn't make it all the way down the line, he is most certainly going to be in your way...

10. surfnewb

surfnewb Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    As a kook I'm really digging these replies.

11. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Sic.

So right. There should be laws allowing for this. Unfortunately, most culprits warranting said sanctions are also the first to sue when you open whoopazz on them.

Tough love lol

Did anyone else notice Dune's usage of "hodown throwdown"? Seems like SI Glossary material to me.

12. ZombieSurfer

ZombieSurfer Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Words of wisdom right here Gaff, words of wisdom.

13. babybabygrand

babybabygrand Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Dune, I feel your pain. I once had a kook (too young to pummel) -trying to do an air- land on me one time. there's no fuyking excuse for people to run into each other in the water on any stretch of NC's beaches. It's just not Malibu-crowded in these parts. ATTN newbies..."practice" your "air" craft somewhere away from other surfers. or do us all a favor and just skate.

14. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Around here, 4 people is an empty line up.

15. HighOnLife

HighOnLife Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Woaaaaahhhh dude I thought you were surfing all day today and hahahahahahahahah that sucks ahahhaaha

Text me

16. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    [​IMG]

17. MDSurfer

MDSurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Too bad Dora wasn't around. . . but I'm sure that's a lost reference on you.

18. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    If there's only 4 people out in VB ask yourself why you're out there. Everyone must have died from the nuclear blast or nerve gas. Either that or a nuclear sub imploded just off the pier.

Hell, if the ocean at 1st street was frozen over for a 1/2 mile out there'd be 30 people destroying their boards sliding down ice dams at the jetty. Oops, I mean all jockeying for position to destroy their boards on ONE pile of ice that's closest to the jetty.

19. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    this is another funny thread lol.

yea 4 people in a lineup in the great big OCEAN and u still manage to crash into each other lol.I never got the whole "my spot" thing.like uhhhhhh,what do u do when the sandbars gone?do u stay at your spot?

that's the one thing I like about surfing in jersey is youll see 40 people on one peak,and u look to the left,empty peaks,look to the right,empty peaks.that's why I like surfing alone,only thing I have to worry about are sharks and sharks dig my moves so we cool.

I seriously hate the localism shyt.like the last thread I was reading the hurricane marie vid thread,and somebody said oliver kurts or whatever his name is was flipping the bird.doesnt he live in florida?I don't care if it was Kelly slater surfing my home spot,u don't get the right of way because your a pro.il punch u in the face like any other person if u drop in.and if ur a foreigner like oliver or Kelly,expect to get dropped in.sometimes I feel like burning people for the fun of it,but I don't.one day tho lol when im not having a good day and bump into some dkheads out there.

20. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    lol I just got a brilliant idea.im gonna buy a gopro and start an eastcoast burn series,where I travel to all different spots and drop in on people.il strap the gopro to my back so u can see who im dropping in on and see how pissed they get.its funny too when surfers try to act tough,like seriously funny.little white kids from the shore do not bang like we do.i did get jumped once on the beach at night in an unfamiliar territory.30 little losers.u see them by themselves and they get scared and piss their pants.im all for peace but im happy to knock someone out on the beach during winter when nobodys there to call the cops.