Fights in the lineup

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by bubs, Sep 12, 2014.

1. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    lost, sounds about right haha. ive seen a bunch of this too. why i dont surf there anymore. were you there when that crazy old asshole with the big greenish yellow board (why i nicknamed him colonel mustard) who takes all of the set waves and gives zero ****s about who he runs over, get arrested at ecsc like 2 or 3 years ago??? went in and freaked out at the contest guys enforcing the surf zone for the comp, they called the police, as soon as the VB cops show up, he attempted to run in back in the water with his board and they tackle him to the ground and arrest him. that was absolutely HILARIOUS from the lineup. he was just screaming at those guys and then seeing him attempt to run back in was priceless!!

2. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Sounds like you ran into that dbag warchild.

3. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    PB refs are forever acceptable on SI. Bring em on.

4. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    not familiar w/NS chronicles....but i'm sure it was in it cause he did this repeatedly; especially at
    (HIS) spots near his house which basically backyards to kammies...i saw it at kammies and the guy
    was a TOTAL GOON and was ordered out of the water by bradshaw and he did (!!)...a japanese surfer
    which just enough ability to ruin other peoples sessions...Kens' prosurfer wife was out and aside from
    the fact that the goon deserved it i think he was showing off....one thing for sure i gave the guy as
    much room as he needed which is another reason i think he did it.

5. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    heres' an ac story.

myself and 3 others ordered off the peak by muscle-man lifeguard longboarder.
    starts shooting his board at other surfers.
    greek guy whose parents owned zoom nightclub in margate.
    didn't want to get my ass kicked so i called 911.
    cops come - goon grabs one of them and pile-drives the cop into the boardwalk.
    greek goon gets arrested and crap beaten out of him in jail.
    the goons' family hires eddie jacobs - the "did it" lawyer.
    the family greased the filthy lawyers hand.
    the assailant walked free w/no charges; not even an arraignment.
    later i found out he was in a 'roids rage'.

one of the doctors in my town offed his wife by hiring a shooter and creating an alibi.
    his lawyer is eddie.
    no charges filed; eddie thinks his client entitled to collect 2 (!!) life insurance policies.

6. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    April Kaufman?

7. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    yep. is the doctor jewish?

8. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Always pretty civil down here. Not much to fight over. Had one chick get really mad at me one time for jumping off my board too close (was totally my fault), I ended up giving them a jump when their car wouldn't start. She was super sweet after that.

9. Jai-Guru

Jai-Guru Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    One Red neck told me he was going to get a gun and shoot me at WB...got punched in the face surfing Makaha in Hawaii, Those locals don't play....:p

.[/QUOTE]

10. Jai-Guru

Jan 4, 2011
    good one...sometimes you have no choice, lots of wahoos out there.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  11. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    I'm usually pretty mellow and wait my turn or just hustle a bit more together into position, but have had a few moments...this was maybe 4-5 years ago...Summer in long branch...was back paddled by a long boarder who drooped in right next to me. Called him a few choice words as he zipped by me as I pulled back. lBer came back out asking if I was talking to him...maybe it was the crowd or the way this douche looked right at me as he paddled around me as I moved inside toward the peak...I lost it...mouthed off about his wave strategy and he then explained to me how he was then going to burn me on every wave...I told him I looked forward to it and told him about the board i was riding homemade epoxy MR twin...yelled how I was going to shoot it right through His poly log if he started doing that...continued taunting him...he muttered a few words ands slinked away.

Given the influx of tourists in summer....if you are a good surfer on the EC it seems most people give a healthy distance...outside of a few words and other issues...I never really see most people have a problem. Maybe I need togoto north street more often...just for the experience.

12. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    yep. I heard that she had a sex den in the basement and had numerous affairs with local cops. Its a total cover up, and i think a lot of high profile people are implicated if it ever gets to court. Just my speculation, but a murder of an affluent high profile woman that has never had any followup? Fishy!!

Anyway, cool story about Bradshaw. I cant imagine the strength in one's teeth to get trhougha surfboard and not break any.

13. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    After 2 years of surfing I paddle out where the local hotshots surf. There's this 300lb dude on a long board catching everything. We paddle for the same wave he drops left I go right. He cuts back and when I kicked out he was in my face. He grabbed me by my neck, lifted me up and said if I ever cut him off again he would kill me. I managed not to sh*t my pants and paddled back out away from him and never tried to catch a wave he paddled for. A year later we were actually friends.

14. Jai-Guru

Jan 4, 2011
    was his name Ben Dover...I know him.:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMHTo4sAYKA

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  15. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I've only had 3 verbal altercations,

One time was my fault for dropping in on a dude on a crowded day at the Inlet but I pulled off as soon as I realized my mistake, we're both riding short boards, this dude kept riding unaffected by my mistake really, but then wanted to let me know about it, so I apologized, he wasn't very understanding so I told him look man I said it was my bad, and I went on to say that i'm there all the time and that I've never seen him before and asked if he was visiting or on vacation. He stopped his b*tching and paddled back out.

The other two times were both dudes on SUP's paddling into waves from directly behind me and coming within inches of my head / face and straight up snaking me. I'm on my short board one time and my LB the other. The first time was a middle aged dude that looks like he's still learning, when I told him he almost hit me and snaked me and to move down the beach he followed instructions and avoided any further confrontation. The other time was just recently, I had been catching waves all morning since sunrise on my new LB and just stoked out of my mind. I go to get a drink of Gatorade and paddle right back out and this younger dude on a SUP paddles up behind me and does the same thing the older dude did the other time. So as he is going by after snaking me I yellow at him "C'mon man for real!?" As he paddles back out trying to avoid eye contact I paddle up up to him and said "hey man, there is plenty of room out here for everybody. Move down the beach some and give me some room because that was a little too close what you did there." He replied, "I was here first". I say, "Actually no you weren't because I was the first person in the water this morning and have been here all morning, you just got here and decided to paddle in right behind me and take a wave I was about to drop in on. So NO, no you weren't here first, so i would advise you to move down the beach and give me space. After looking at me for a second with his DB face, he decided I was right and said "ok man, i'll move down."

One time i witnessed some groms force another grom out of the water at the Inlet, it was about to be a fist fight and I said to the lifeguard "are you seeing this", he said "yeah" and kinda chuckled, dude didn't care. Pretty sure the kid was being a menace and getting in the way, but it's dumb when 5-7 dudes gang up on one. If you got a beef, settle it one-on-one like a man. Don't rely on buddies to bail you out or back you up. If you can't handle it yourself, don't get into that situation in the first place.

We all have a choice to avoid crowds, sometimes when we choose to continue to surf in a crowd we just have to accept that drop ins are going to happen. If we all look for ways to keep distance from each other and not pack up one peak, the ocean will be a more peaceful place. Also, when it's not crowded, don't look for the only 2-4 people in the water and paddle right up on them and start surfing, spread out, plenty of waves out there.

16. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Ive been in the wrong, fo sho

one time in NoMoCo I caught a wave, walked back to the peak and was in position, but it wasnt my turn, I went and then mouthed off to the guy that 'burned' me. even though I was in position I was being a greedy d!ck, and with only 5 guys at the peak, no need for that sh!t. I was wrong and apologized

another time in OCNJ a grom contest was next beach over and all the groms were surfing the street I live on in between sets while I scooped a wave every set on a longbaord and yelled at teenagers to back off as I was u[ and riding. Full on jerk-off on my part. but at the same time, a beach with 100 extra teenage frothers does ruin a session unless you are going to be a little aggressive, I should have taken the day off and let the little turds have it

In cadiz for Carnival I was surfing a wave and had a mohawk, I waited and got some bombs (the cadizians surf like my grammom) and I was getting dropped in on, I said' I waited my turn' they said 'its never your turn'
    I was only one taking off that deep, it wasnt even a challenge, but no one else would go as deep as I was, I was flabbergasted that the whole section would go to waste and they would just take the shoulder. they were kooking it, for sure. I am an average surfer, at best, and these guys were just all Iberian clowns

they can keep their inbred little wave, while Cadiz is nice, the surf sucks in the town itself

17. tyrone

tyrone Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Concur... Cadiz's wave is ****.
    But I'm surprised that Cadizians were ****s to you.
    Most local surfers in Chiclana and Conil just south of Cadiz are super polite. The handful of times I've been dropped in on they apologized profusely. Maybe thats just the Andalusian mentality; There's little to get pissed off about when all your life only consists of drinking, loudly socializing & banging.

18. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    I've only got into 16 altercations.
    (Insert 30 paragraph essay here)

Jk bros. When someone drops in on me I yell out EAT A DIKK!!!!!

Cadiz? Was there in 2007. Great place. Went to Rota and Jerez as well.

19. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    now now now, lets not pass judgment, this sounds rather fun, the Andalusian honeys are gorgeous

folks in Conil and El Palmar were wonderful
    Cadizians during carnival were not happy. understandable, their town turns into a **** show during those 2 weeks

20. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    round these parts you either get caught at what you did or not but if you're jewish and "on the hook"
    you stand a better chance of getting off. i didn't know her but was curious about her cause the
    women here behave like dragons and she said "good morning" with a smile (WTF??) anyway nobody
    (i think) deserves 5 rounds to the head whilst sleeping...and the perps daughter is chirping "did it"
    like a cricket. his own daughter.