NE Slab

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by offshore, Sep 24, 2014.

1. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    kinda sick, but srsly, bringing mens journal with you?
    talk about whoring......

2. offshore

offshore Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Saw a photo on Instagram and dug around, only place that had it.

3. offshore

offshore Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
  4. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Saw this elsewhere. Is nothing sacred anymore? Fark man.

5. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    u know when u discover a new surf spot,putting it in all the top magazines and online isn't the best idea.thats why I hate these local pros,they show up at ur regular spot,start acting like they own it,then drop a web edit that attracts 100 new people and the pros never come back lol.true story

6. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    These haoles discovered nothing. Sold out to Men's Journal.

I'm gonna come back tomorrow and I'm sure I'll see some justifications but I say, "dafock".

7. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    can see waves jack up on an island or slab somewhere waaaaay out from where i usually sit, even on small days...i always wonder what's out there...the wonder was better...

8. punkaboy

punkaboy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Glad to see it was Ian Walsh and his brothers. Ian is considered to be one of the top big wave surfers and all around waterman and has New England roots.

His father is from Newport, R.I. and brought the family out to Hawaii. He is still good friends with Sid Abruzzi from Water Bros.

If you want to see some near shore surfable slabs check out Beavertail in Jamestown and Tuckermans in Middletown. Not for the beginner or second year surfer. These are not secret spots, but are rarely surfed when it is big because of the skill level needed to ride them.

[video=youtube;AfyWP_cKMEs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfyWP_cKMEs[/video]

9. HighOnLife

HighOnLife Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Going there tomorrow, screw matunuck and the all the old guys!!

10. escsurfer

escsurfer Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    First off no one has any idea where this is. Lack of landmarks, no sight of land even make it impossible to absolutely know for certain where it is. It could be Australia for all anyone knows. Exposing it would name the state, break and give further details on it. The "northeast" in most peoples minds is anywhere north of NJ up to canada. Go ahead, bring a crowd, chances are you have no idea where it is, when it will break or how to safely get there.

11. surfthewall11

surfthewall11 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    In all honesty NNE is empty besides NH and Rhode. About 65% of the coast is untouched. Only crowds are in the spots listed on the internet and they are only a few of the hundreds that exist. But the swells almost always suck up here so it's not worth it for people to travel up.

12. 3rdperson

3rdperson Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Uh.. Google Earth and a little reverse engineering bro.

13. 3rdperson

Mar 14, 2014
    Best cover ever... Haha

14. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    The spot is 12 miles offshore and they didn't even say where. How is this going to attract people?

15. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    it might not attract people, but someone with a clue, patience and bathymetry charts can find it.

NEW MISSION SI
    LAT/LONG this sh1t :)

16. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm just saying. There are spots that are good and are empty because there is nowhere to park... This is a spot that you can't see land from. It will NEVER get crowded.

17. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Bro, swells clearly haven't been that bad in this calendar year. You're right about the unknown spots and braddah, they all up in Maine. It's a matter of time before buds and I take a ride up there for a few days, searching and destroying peaks.

You need to hop on buddy's ski or boat and go take a look see. There are rock reefs and ledges all along the New England coast. I know one right up near you that's not unknown but not highly traveled. I've hit it on a 6-7ft day and doesn't look too different from the pics in the article the OP put up. And I've never seen it on 14s either.

I've checked tuckermans out a bunch of times during several of my Rhodey trips - never working. You got any vids of it happening there? I feel like that's a winter storm wave needing the north wind. Would love to see it working there.

Bros some of the best and wileyest waves I've seen and/or been on have been RRs. They give me the heebie jeebies at the same time though damn.

18. 3rdperson

Mar 14, 2014
    tru that

19. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    The one in MJ is miles offshore. The one mentioned by name in this thread can easily be seen by land.