Death2Hipsters

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Scobeyville, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    I purchased Death 2 Hipster's from Dark Fall last night. I highly recommend it. Very funny!

The surfing is alright, nothing special, but the story line is great. Anyone else watch it.. thoughts?

2. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Yeah I thought it was suite! And that cold water kids montage that's on vimeo is the ****!

3. FUN

FUN Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    i remember picking up the dark fall documentary at ohut and being the happiest kid ever

4. HighOnLife

HighOnLife Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    So far I've missed all the premiers

5. salt

salt Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    looks kinda funny, actually. i like when people trying hard to be cool bust on other people trying even harder to be cool. oh, the irony...
    i still enjoy riding my 6'6" pintail single-fin hipster-like board and my single fin longboards despite all of the anti-single fin/alternative surf craft sentiments. i also enjoy craft beer (IPAs, in-particular), eating vegetables that i grow organically, listening to groups like Phantogram & the Smiths, and waxing my luscious moustachio. i was just kidding about the moustachio.

6. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Damn, I thought this was a thread about killing these douche nozzles:
    a6f965536fdee4911834c31293bf2691[1].jpg

7. ZombieSurfer

ZombieSurfer Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    I'd like to see it, along with dark fall since I haven't seen that either yet. I know Gesler is is big in both of them which might be why I haven't seen it yet. The dude absolutely rips out in the water and I've been in the lineup with him a few times. I saw him do a crazy top turn once, fins completely out of the water and complimented him on that wave when he was paddling back out. He gave me the dirtiest stink eye look I've ever gotten in the water before. Left me feeling pretty salty about it. I could understand if it was in the summer with all the tourkookists but it was late november and just trying to share some stoke. Suppose not all are that friendly...

8. salt

salt Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Sounds about right for the majority of shredder-budz. Too cool for school to accept a compliment. Been there. If you're young, an amazing athlete, surf way too much, you're getting a ton of p* ssy, you don't really have to work, you are getting paid for participating in a leisure activity, etc, you should be pretty darned happy. Right?

9. ihatelongboarders

ihatelongboarders Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    all of those south jersey guys are the biggest most self important tools ever. it's like the timebomb surfboard guys got even more arrogant.

10. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    this is very true

11. ZombieSurfer

Jan 9, 2014
    yeah the dude needed to learn some humility I guess and find some gratitude for what he has instead of taking it all for granted. I have surfed with the kelly brothers before though and they're the complete opposite, they shred and they're friendly to other people in the line up.

Yeah you'd think it wouldn't be that way here on the east coast and in NJ where surfing isn't as big in mainstream culture like it is on the west coast and HI. I can see how easy delusions of grandeur can happy because if you rip out there and make a name for yourself it can easily go to your head. But he on the right coast no one really cares if your a pro surfer... Some high salary dude in a suit would tell a pro surfer to get a "real job"

12. JaimeSurfs2

JaimeSurfs2 New Member

Oct 9, 2014
    It really depends on what kind of day they're having... I have to surf with these guys everytime there's swell. Some days they're giving up waves for me.. other days- taking off on my waves.

but isn't that the same for everyone? We can't always be in a good mood. But I do give props when they are warranted and expect at least a smile back.

13. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Decent flick...some skits were funny. Good NJ footage. Don't really give a crap what Flynn Novak has to say.

14. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Its nice to be a pro surfer, living in your parents house still, how is that working out for ya?

15. ZombieSurfer

Jan 9, 2014
    huh? I'm not a pro nor do I live with my parents...

16. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    he talking about Gessler

surfing in that neigborhood for 20 years I have a seen few crews of groms come and go, the Kelly brothers were the only ones who could rip and weren't Dbags....

From Keenan>>>Tuso(Spelling) so many entitled dbags. I also heard defillipo still lived with mommy and daddy, so that says something I think

17. ZombieSurfer

Jan 9, 2014
    ohh gotcha, misunderstood sirMook. and yeah, I completely agree with what you said about the kellys and what keenan said

18. salt

salt Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    i could understand if you're living in CA or Hawaii and it's so gosh darned expensive to get your own crib and the waves are good a lot, then you can live with the -rents. i'll give you a pass on that, maybe. but NJ? common guys. that's pretty pathetic if you're over 22 years of age and living with mom and dad. i owned my own home at age 25. get jobs...

19. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    salt in all fairness job markets and income:house price ratios are ****ed

very harde for a young person to get tot heir feet compared to 10-20 years ago
    people can do it, its just less are doing this due to less opportunity and more humans on earth taking (out-competing) those opportunities

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  20. salt

salt Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    You have a point. But, kids can make way way more salary-wise (beyond the inflation factor) these days compared to what I made when I got my first "real" job. I'll admit though, I got in on buying pre-construction at a sweetheart deal when it was a buyer's market. Banks were giving away mortgages back in 2001 when I applied for my first.