Puerto Rico for an Old Lady Surfer

Discussion in 'Puerto Rico' started by liberace, Oct 22, 2014.

1. liberace

liberace Member

Jul 22, 2014
    A few friends and I are considering a PR surf trip but before we look much further into details I was wondering if anyone can recommend it for "old lady mediocre surfers". Is the surfing too advanced? Are the surf areas fairly safe?

PS: I loved the fight video post. Pulling hair...shame!

2. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    being bald i was rooting for the bald guy.....

but seriously. theres' TONS of beaches for 'mediocre' surfers.
    why not surfers/marias/little bu for starters....also if its your first trip bring your 'urban aware' mindset....
    just do.

3. neptunehui

neptunehui Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Stay at www.vrbo.com #214129 best deal and they will give you all the info you need read the reviews!!!!!!!!!!

4. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    google Mar Azul in rincon and book there and you will be all set - bobby is the man

5. salt

salt Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    looks nice Neptune. how far of a ride is that from marias, domes, etc?

6. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  7. Arc1

Arc1 Member

Nov 1, 2013
    I've been to Rincon a bunch with family and without. There are several good breaks in town and nearby that fit the bill. Mar Azul is a good call and also a great place to rent boards, about a mile or so of Domes and Marias. I really like to stay at The Lazy Parrot, which is near Mar Azul. I really recommend hooking up with a good surf guide to show you around to the best places for your level. Whit at Rincon Surf School is really good. Have fun and watch out for the sea urchins.

8. neptunehui

Oct 7, 2010
    It is right up the hill call me 516 633 6861 I have been going there since 1970

9. neptunehui

Oct 7, 2010
    I include boards with the condo best deal in town!!!!!!!!!!! www.vrbo.com 214129

10. neptunehui

Oct 7, 2010
    I also have all the surf maps and inside info in my guest book on coffee table in condo

11. neptunehui

Oct 7, 2010

12. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    neptune hui I thin he was about to call you out for pimping your wares on the site but then decided fock it

13. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Dear lady,

Probably one the easiest and best surf trips near the east coast!

You will have your choice of waves, some spots are super easy and forgiving (most spots). The reefs aren't that bad, just watch where others enter AND exit the water. Plus plenty of sand breaks. Although pr offers a great introduction to reef surfing so take advantage of that.

It cheap too.

Lots of surfers around all friendly.

You'll probably run into someone you know.

Stay in rincon or Isabella area.

Rent a car it's cheap.

Yours truly
    Mr Belmar

14. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  15. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    +1 there as we speak, leaving tomorrow though, getting sad thinking bout the flight back

16. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012

17. Arc1

Arc1 Member

Nov 1, 2013

18. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    That place looks pretty sweet tho! I don't remember it but it looks like it's within walking distance to a few good breaks!

It is at least half hour to bqn aquadilla airport. Unless they finished that bypass lol I have not been there in years so idk

19. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    one thing that's good for me,is I know a bunch of people from all different places.i know Puerto Ricans that I can stay with if I go to pr.my co workers nephew is sponsored by hurley in costa rica,co worker also has a house on the beach with horses anytime I want to go.i have a pedophile step uncle that lives in panama happily married to a 12yr old boy I can stay with.im sure hell be dead soon but whatever...

20. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    cep, you lead a interesting/strange life. You sure PJB/SJB/etc. isn't related to you.