Just a little news

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Zeroevol, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
  2. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Volcom Stone #forlyfe.jpg

I reckon his little fellers must be proud of their Pa. I like that he's concerned about getting them back in the water.

As an aside, man, Volcom is really blowing up. Aysyms, shark knockouts, Volcom is the new Quik.

I had a Volcom hat in my youth, early 90's. Got it b/c they were somehow affiliated with Pennywise. Everyone used to ask, is that Viacom(the movie company)? Wish I still had that hat, to prove how core I was at an early age.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

3. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    The agency also issued a reminder: “Again, please follow the strong warnings not to enter the ocean for any reason when the water is brown or murky.”

If we heeded this advice on the left coast, we'd never surf...

4. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Nice! He went all Shredmachine on that shark!

5. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    HA HA HA, I thought the same thing! Their uppidty sharks aren't used to a little dirt!

6. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Sharks don't like volcom either.

7. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    From a link in the article: 100 Years of shark attack victims

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  8. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    But on the real, that dude went straight OG. Great story, especially since everyone was safe.

Still, the two best shark stories I have heard to date: The guy in OZ. He was out surfing and a girl a few yards away started getting attacked by a shark. I think it grabbed her board and was shaking it. Witnesses say an Aussie man just jumped into the water, basically tried to strattle the thing and just started landing hay-makers all over the thing until it swam away....

Then there was the guy (Florida I think) that witnesses a bullshark take his 10 year old sons arm off right at the shoulder. The guy ran into the water, tackled the shark, hauled it into the beach. The cut the shark open, took the kids arm out of the belly and sewed it back on the kid an hour later. And the kids arms works somewhat well and is intact....

This story is a pretty close third. Kind of reminiscent of the scene from the Bethany Hamilton movie, but no one lost an arm. It is literally, like the exact same scenario, swimming the kids in..... I mean, can you imagine the thoughts go through the two guys heads as they swam in with a pissed off 14 ft Tiger behind them.... Probably the fastest swim in the history of swimming.

9. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Is that true?

10. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
  11. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    I messed up though, it was his uncle not his dad. Been a while since I read it.

12. FUN

FUN Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    bethany hamilton should've done that

13. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
  14. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    water was murky Sunday night, I ended up surfing a spot and def got out after seeing a few blacktips
    fall...check
    sunset/twilight...check
    murky water....check
    all the ingredients for a mistaken identity shark attack

15. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    would-a..
    could-a
    should-a.....

16. headrow

headrow Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Which reminds me of asking...
    When I was out at AI on this past Saturday, maybe 15ft at most away from me, a tip of a fin was breaching the water. Kind of in irregular circle-like patterns. I remembered a recent post on here that mentioned that sunfish can breach the water with their fins - so I convinced myself that was the answer. BUT...there were dolphins offshore at the time and I understand that sharks can be found in proximity to dolphins...

Anyhow, the fin didn't really look like it was moving with much urgency - so, I'm thinking if it was a shark, it was just curious? I was spooked enough where I started to paddle into shore, but the waves were just too good. And there was quite a few other people out at that time. Plus, I convinced myself that if it was a shark, it was probably only like 3-4 ft so probably unlikely to attack.

17. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Sandbar shark. Tons of 'em at AI. Harmless. Makes for a good story, though.

18. Driftingalong

Driftingalong Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    That's a pretty serious graphic. They show the attack areas too. Like a bite out of the side, missing leg/s. I saw a few with no head.
    And what happened in 1944 Nicaragua and 1993 Somalia

19. CaptJAQ

CaptJAQ Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    I found Bethany Hamilton in that graphic. ...really, 2003 female surfer survivor, left arm missing.
    BethanyHamilton.jpg

20. CaptJAQ

CaptJAQ Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    I saw a lot of dolphins where I was. They were playing around in the set waves outside. At one point, they were inside of me a bit. I took that as an indicator that the offshores had pushed me out a bit, and paddled in some...