Dogs

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by zach619, Oct 22, 2014.

1. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    lol thunderpants, that what my wife says I have
    BOOM goes the dynamite.

lololololo

also forgot to mention buddy is a catahoula cur, swamp hunting dog

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

2. NICAfiend

NICAfiend Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    dead2.jpg Va26.jpg.jpg bros10.jpg

He's a Rhodesian Ridgeback named Tau.

3. AndrewIfallalot

AndrewIfallalot Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
  4. AndrewIfallalot

AndrewIfallalot Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Could the hot spots be coming from food allergies? My dog would get ear infections from time to time that I would get rid of but it was annoying so I finally took him to the vet for it. They did a good cleaning and had me put him on fish and sweet potato food and the ear infections disappeared.

5. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Seldom, this could be a solution. My dog had a constant case of soft serve ice cream dumps and the pet store owner told me to try the Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diet foods. Results were excellent and almost instant 12hrs. later. I can clean up his messes with a broom now. I tried the different flavors and found any with fowl (chicken or duck) caused a milder form of loose poo and ear itching issues so I avoid those flavors now and all is good.

On a similar note my neighbor's lab had skin and ear issues since she was a puppy. Vet suggested to try Purina Pro Plan and her skin issues cleared up in a day or two.

BTW the Pro Plan was my next move if the Natural Balance didn't work. I read many pro dog handlers use it. Don't let the Purina name scare you. The Pro Plan is manufactured separately from the normal cheap schit they produce.

6. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    The vet thinks it's a grass allergy...thought maybe food at first, so we cut all chicken and grain from his diet, switched foods(to Wellness ocean blend), etc, etc...usually stops after the first frost so keeping my fingers crossed.

7. shaarkbate

shaarkbate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2011
    He kept eating the lampshades. Not the brightest pup and very accident prone but wouldn't want any other dog.

8. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Yeah, this was the first item I read about when I researched online. I thought, ohh boy, he is going to look ridiculous. But if it works, it works. I tried putting a really tight tee shirt on him a couple weeks ago, there was maybe a little change in him, but he was still shivering and shaking so I was bummed thinking that the compression vests may not work. It's worth $50 to give it a shot though. One two different occasions in the past couple weeks, we came home from work and everything to find some of my 3 year old daughters toys just shredded to pieces. He never does anything like that, but there was a freak thunderstorm mid-day.

My daughter had this little collapsable school bus tent thing that she always makes me cram myself inside of it with her. The second time, I came home and the school bus was in a million pieces. I have been diverting her attention day after day until the replacement arrives in the mail....

But it was getting to the point where we were having to put everything up on a table just in case there was a storm while were are out for the day....

This is the only strange behavioral issue he has had since we got him. I feel real bad for him though, cause you can just see the terror in his eyes. I mean it's like the poor guy thinks it's the apocalypse. I have tried everything. Standing outside with him to prove that the world will not end because of it. The reset button goes off everytime though.

9. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Goose on bike trail Aug 16, 2011 morning IMG-20110816-00105.jpg Goose & FJ at Assateague07.jpg Barbados2011 024.jpg

10. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Yeah Goose! Woof Woof!!

11. slopman

slopman Well-Known Member

May 7, 2007
    My boy Chance. Rescue from NC.

The weimaraner is my roommates pup.

Attached Files:

12. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    tullapooch.jpg waterpooch.jpg

Tulla. She's a great dog. Looking a little guilty after getting into a forbidden mud puddle. YOLO.

13. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    PhinMaster All Time!!

14. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
  15. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    all these dogs, you guys are all right :)

16. MrMacdugal

MrMacdugal Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
  17. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    soooo good

18. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Zach, here's some info and articles on thunder phobia.

and

Lastly, there seems to be good info at this link too.
    http://www.patriciamcconnell.com/theotherendoftheleash/thunder-phobia-in-dogs