Vote

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by zach619, Nov 4, 2014.

1. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    We're not a fuggin state, Brew.
    It was rigged as slight o hand. Look over here at how we're losing votes to DummyCraps. Don't look over there at voter suppression.

2. pkovo

pkovo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Very well said.

3. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Yeah, I forgot the Republic thing. VA, what a weird place.

4. MichaelJR

MichaelJR Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    VA has been iffy purple for quite some time. Thing is, even the Dems are old school "blue dogs", remnants of the crowe bs. Southern Kennedys I like to think of them as, what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander sort of folks.

5. MichaelJR

MichaelJR Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    I'd love to see a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel. Sarvis made a statement. 10% isn't a number to gawk at, considering we were nothing more than write ins 6 years ago. That kind of exponential growth is amazing, considering we aren't allowed to debate on TV, have no major financial contributors, and largely rely on our supporters to spread the world individually.

We robbed 10% on a word of mouth/social media campaign. If I were the establishment, I'd be eying a way to make friends with libertarians 8 years from now.

6. pkovo

pkovo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    You are correct not to base your decision of of media coverage, but why not dig a little deeper, get yourself informed, and then vote. Most candidates have some type of track record, the incumbant certainly does. You can see how they've voted issues in the past, and pick the one you most agree with. Ignore the media hype, go to facts.

I almost always feel like I'm voting for the lesser of two evils, and it blows, but it's still really important. Someone tells you your choice is to vote to have a finger cut off, or your whole foot, is worth voting the lesser of two evils? I know that;'s a ridiculous analogy, but I just watched Sons of Anarchy so...

NJ politics are awful...just awful. From your posts your views seem reaosnable, just reconsider your position sitting the sidelines. The more people that do that, the worse off we are.

OK, reading this back, it's official, I'm old.

7. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    LOL on the last line....I am getting there too my friend.

Appreciate the well thought out response.

I hate to sound hippie-ish because I am not but I find all politicians to be liars/elected mafia, not their fault but that is the way of the world now. Don't buy into the vote because you should non-sense. People dish this advice out religiously as if they are talking to a non-believer in their religion. Sorry but I just don't "see the light".

All I see is the current political system creating un-needed tension between neighbors and co-workers. I have watched too many people melt down and freak out over elections and what not for (to me) no reason. Nothing changes so I can't vote with clear conscious.

I refuse to be upset over a tax increase/decrease or the myth of government programs.

Death and taxes my friends, I am already upset enough about death to sit here and be upset over taxes.

In my opinion it is more of a statement to refuse to vote for evil, rather than to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  8. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    So bummed. My application to become a citizen of New Zealand was denied.

I hear you Bub, I feel the same way. It stinks to have a defeatist attitude when voting. But to take 45 minutes out of my day to make sure that there is balance in DC is worth it. O man would love nothing more than to pass a billion crazy bills in his last two years, and America stood up and gave that possibility a resounding NO yesterday.

9. RonSwanson

RonSwanson Active Member

Feb 2, 2014
    [video=youtube;aIMgfBZrrZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIMgfBZrrZ8[/video]Money rules..

10. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    It's a Commonwealth. meaning the wealth of the common man belong to the boss'

11. grainofsand

grainofsand Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2014
    On Environment:

Most people are dissatisfied with the current political state in the country. However, the republican party (Historically) has been Pro-Conservation going back to T. Rosevelt. Its only been within the past decade or so that the economy has taken precedent and the environment a sidecar; this is now called "balance." Also, hate to say it but surfing is not very "GREEN": Petroleum-based wetsuits, carbon-based polymers of styrene for boards...plastic leg ropes, traction pads and their adhesives. Transportation of surfing goods via ups, airplanes, freight.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014