Chilly surf tomorrow - witch suite?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by worsey, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nkh422

nkh422 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    I have a last minute get out of work excuse dialed up, debating on whether to cash it in tomorrow or hang on to it... Could use a mental health day

2. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    If you were wise you'd hit it dp and go to work. A little late..

3. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    30 degrees
    Waist high
    40 mph offshores.
    Sounds epic, better call out sick now

4. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Idk where youse guys are seeing 40 mph winds...nkh I might to the same...

5. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    40mph gust 20-25 steady west wind..idk about for your hood SS but I wouldn't waist a whole day on it for jersey I plan on getting in at first light for an hour and drive into the Philthy for work...

6. nkh422

nkh422 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Thinking about it... have to be out of the water before 7 to be close to "a little" late, and I might be out of reasons for being a little late after dawn patrols. It's a pretty stout drive to work.

cubelife.

7. nkh422

nkh422 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    starting to lean towards the same... not opposed to surfing the first light to a little after sunrise shift.

8. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I'm probably 2 weeks away from getting back in the suit and am fired up to get back in the water. A f&cking billion hours on the stationary and I don't know how many reps on every leg machine in the gym.

9. windswellsucks

windswellsucks Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2007
    just got out, the water is not cold. no BS, i was sweating in my new 4/3 hooded xcel drylock. we will see how it does in the freezing ass wind tomorrow

10. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    O Neil Mutant 4/3 can interchange between straight neck and hood. Zip off.

5/4 Rip Curl F Bomb Hooded.

Justifying myself? Crazy.

11. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    How well does that Mutant system work? I always wondered if they leak.

12. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Works RAD. Picture your regular 4/3 non hooded chest zip wetsuit. You pull top over your head, zip the chest and Voila! Done.
    Now, a Mutant system has the zipper in the front AND back.
    When suit is Off unzip the back and your left with a horror movie vagina looking neck piece. Take hood and attach at back. Put on suit.
    Pull hood up and over head, zip the chest and Voila, AGAIN! Done

oneillmodularsystem.jpg

13. titsandpits

titsandpits Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    probs wearing my aerospace suit tomo with my Mars lava booties sounds like itll be chilly

14. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Going out with a 4/3 boots and gloves. Cold air but water is not freezing yet. Debating wearing a new 4/3 suite or My old 4/3 one more time.... Then once January/feb- the 6/5 ... March back in the 4/3. Having both is essential and a huge blessing cause now you don't have those awkward sessions in a 5/4 when the waters still warm... Although back in the day I only had a 3/2 and 5/4 until I found that you could get past seasons suites for cheap.

Anywas- tomorrow morning- Dawn patrol. Belmar. 23ft. Water temp: 67 (due to the laboradors)