how big is this (Hawaiian)?

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by CDsurf, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    So you wanna have a bench-off?
    [​IMG]

2. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    For the winner (likely will be me):
    [​IMG]

3. CaptJAQ

CaptJAQ Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    How big is this Hawaiian?

[​IMG]

4. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010

she'd be hotter if she was blue and had 4 more arms.

5. live aloha

live aloha Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    OB is pretty intense, along with most of the other good beach breaks in NorCal. They all blow out easily but get super good with the proper conditions. Personally I'd go for the spots along the Monterey Bay (Marina, Moss, etc). They are offshore more often and usually empty. The paddle-out, however, SUCKS at all of these places. My first day at OB it took me over an hour to make it to the lineup.

6. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    he's really big.
    and we're not talking size.
    his music is wonderful (if thats bruddah IZ....iz it?)

7. CaptJAQ

CaptJAQ Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    It is Iz!

Nice play, he's big in many ways.

8. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    his music is wonderful.
    he's no longer w/us. :(

9. dreamsofpakalas

dreamsofpakalas Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    the incredible amount of disrespect on this quote actually sickens me. capt., unfortunately you're a prime example of why the word haole exists. not only have you just shat on braddah iz's grave, but you have also shat on a rare few truly native hawaiian, actually niihauan, people that shared one of the most unique vocals that has ever existed. you truly are a haole and deserve the same treatment that captain james cook received, since he was the reason for the word. "ha"- the breath of life "ole"- to reject or the rejection of. Show some respect haole. this is why people from hawaii hate white people.

i apologize to all the other senior members here. this really struck a nerve with me.

10. dreamsofpakalas

Jun 4, 2014
    and thats 8-10 on the biggest set wave i saw. haha

11. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    think you're being a little tough on him.
    i saw at least some respect for the man in his post.
    maybe he didn't know that he had passed...
    or the love that exists for him.

anyway, this non-hawaiian.....loves and misses braddah IZ.

12. dreamsofpakalas

Jun 4, 2014
    raja that. yeah, he probably doesn't deserve the same treatment as capt cook. that was a little over the top. haha.

13. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    refresh my memory - was he actually consumed? cook: that is...

14. dreamsofpakalas

Jun 4, 2014
    no. hawaiians are not cannibals. haha. but he was dismembered.

15. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Guy was making a joke...are you saying Iz was not a big guy? That's not disrespectful to all Hawaiians..
    Capt Cook...get over it already. That was 300 years ago.

16. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    You yourself said it---"this is why people from Hawaii hate white people"
    I've traveled quite a bit and you are right, people from Hawaii do hate white people. I have found Hawaii one of the most racist places I have ever been, which is unfortunate. Thanks for proving my point.

How many of these "Hawaiians that hate white people" are true blooded Hawaiian anyway? Most are 2nd or 3rd generation Asian decent, Phillipenes, Japan, etc...Hardly decendents of Kamehameha.

PS- if you wanna talk history, don't forget if it wasn't for white people from the Mainland, you would all be speaking Japanese right now. Read about the Rape of Nanking and how other native Pacific islanders fared when the Empire came ashore to see how things would have gone for Hawaii in the 1940s without white mainlanders you hate...So you can thank us for that at least. My apologies for Capt Cook...I didn't know him well as a fellow white person.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  17. dreamsofpakalas

Jun 4, 2014
    [video=youtube;s7nqgQIZKgw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7nqgQIZKgw[/video]
    yeah most are many generations later asian decent. but they still have to put up with the same kind of disrespect when douche canoes like you go there and act like they own the place with no sense of being humble and no sense of respect for the people or the culture of those who live there and have been living there for generations. i am not hawaiian, but i know that stigmas exist for a reason in hawaii. i had to earn my respect through humility and respect. i witnessed how "white mainlanders" acted when they were there and i even began to hate my own race for it. i actually was completely embarrassed by it.

the only reason i made the capt cook reference is bc that is where the word haole originated. there is no issue in hawaii with any angst for capt cook. its for the present day haloes.

the kamehameha empire ended long before the 1940s. it was already a commonwealth of the united states. so, it wasn't just some selfless act of the US to "help" the hawaiians. we were protecting our own interests in the investments the US made in its sugar production as well as a military strong hold in the pacific. you should read more than your one book you found and really do some research before making uneducated posts.

and if you want some thankful actions, it should be us thanking the hawaiians for giving us this sport to begin with. without them, this website, as well as surfing as we know it would be non-existent. recognize son!!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  18. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    barry, no, it's not, it's what the buoy says. If the buoy says 4' @22 seconds, it's 4' Hawaiian. Sure that's a 10 foot wave face because it comes from deep water and smacks a reef but it is what it is. It's funny here because 4'@ 7-8 seconds or so is actually a 4 foot wave face. I didn't even watch the video for whatever that is worth.

19. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    stolen sovereignty leaves a mark

20. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Ive been undergunned on a 9'0, 8'6 seems like a semi gun to me