"Senior members"

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by dreamsofpakalas, Jan 6, 2015.

1. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Dear Mean Moke,

Haven't you paddled out at a spot, and one of your "surf buds" starts doing something stupid, maybe calling one dude "Brazzo" real loud, even though he is a homie but his second cuzin is from Brazil, so all session everyone is yelling "Brazzo" at him everytime he stands up to catch a wave? And it just gets so ridiculous that each time you hear it it gets funnier and stupider and you forget the waves, but remember it as the "Brazzo" sesh?

We have had great discussions of the merits of sidebites, thrusters, quads, single fins, retro concaves and channel bottoms, dry reef takeoffs, crowded line up etiquette, best post session herb, best pre session fuel up strategies, lost..CI and Campbell Bros shapes. El nino, la nina, yo mama, all kinds of weather fluxes, surf tips to CR, PC Hwy 1, PR, punk rock, sic surf vids -Pipeline, The Wedge, Ocean Beach, Puerto Escondido, Pumphouse, live feeds from Teaoopu, Pipeline, Cloudbreak, Belmar, and don't forget all the great wooden board making treads, 3D fin threads,along with in depth discussions of wet suites, surf wax, breath holding, lap swimming, and duck diving. WTF?!?

if you don't have a sense of humour, then you have no respect for the senior members here and should paddle out at some kiddie pool break surf forum, or better yet start one. Tampon can be your first sponsor. Aloe fu(king ha brobrah!

Sincerely,

sisurdogg (senior memb)

2. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Is that directed at me...or buba...or ???

3. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    +100 Dogg.

I remember days in Fla as a kid. Real steep beach and sometimes big ol backwash. Knee to waist high some days. Once in a while, when everything timed together just so, I'd be slidin along on a nice wave, and watchin this waist high wave comin straight out at me. If you timed your launch just right, could get some pretty fun air when the 2 waves collided. Couldn't plan for it beforehand, couldn't take off at the right time and hit it. It just happened.

Weeeeeee... To be a kid again. I'm still tryin, inside.

We caught us some big ol backwash airs today.

4. Moon dog

Moon dog Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Now now surfers this thread is a Zoo.
    This thread su(ks so build a bridge and
    get over it..

5. dudeclimbing

dudeclimbing Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Take what ya want, post what ya wish! Ya ,whine and the flack will fly. It's a freaking forum. Sure there are post freaks here. I'm sure ya can figure that out. Get out and get some or biach here like the rest of us. Yes there is some awesome info here!

6. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    GTFO. Before I got married I used the "senior member on SwellInfo surf predicting site" line every time.

Worked every time.

7. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Is that how you landed him? :cool:

8. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Well said Z

9. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    No one individual holmes, I actually have a soft spot for you bc you enjoyed he convo in which we discussed the differences with duckdiving BB vs sb.

Start a thread you'd like to see though.

10. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Clemson maybe that's what I'm doing wrong, not mentioning my si status to wahines

11. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Panties will drop. Mention your post count.

12. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    ^^^^^^^
    Lol

Something I have thought about for awhile. I was on a forum once where there were two sections. One basically unmoderated the other strictly enforced. It had disclaimers for the unmoderated one that basically said it's a troll fest enter if you wish but we warned you. The other part was structured discussions.

Maybe something like that would do the trick here?

13. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I have suggested that too before. I think it's a great idea. MSW does that, they call it "caught inside", only thing those tea & crumpet sissy boys do better than SI.

14. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    THIS is what we're made of.
    we're just seasoned with foolishness.

15. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    But then the question must be posed...how much can one truly learn on a surf predictin website?

16. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    It serves a more functional purpose for older hands discussing intricacies, imho.

17. Ryan McCall

Ryan McCall Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2014
    It could be beneficial if all of us spent our days finding the best forum, ya know the ones that suck you in for hours at a time, where the conversation is so deep and personal it could almost be real.

Thats what I am looking for, spend the rest of my life behind this screen, having meaningful, conversations in the safety of my own home.

Keep it up, just leave Goober out of the video thread Seldom :D

18. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    lots.
    i have 50 yrs shortboarding experience......heres' some of what i've picked up here:
    fins. seems i still don't know enough.
    equipment. seems one always needs to keep a finger on da pulse.....and to be told so repeatedly.
    florida. it is what is / despite what the temp is in new jersey.
    other surfers. as varied as our vehicles of choice.
    alana photos. nuf said.
    pro surfers. who likes who and why (?).
    Kelly.
    Dane.
    Gabriel (iknow, i know...)

any info available: cloudbreak, indo, big waves, new moves, social issues.....

alana photos alana photos alana photos (the pretty asian lady just left my side) alana alana alana.......

19. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Gaff got it going on. This ditty should be posted upon signup to SI.