will you read?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by bubs, Jan 11, 2015.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    We made it to page 5. Nobody respond and we can keep it from turning into a sh*t show.

2. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Hey brah... Maybe take a trip or vacation to Belmar... Might help!

Actually- in all seriousness- since you asked I will explain what I believe... Not just a faith but a belief... I am a Christian, I'm not 'religious' but I am serious about my believe. I know that many of you do not like God, or have an issue with Jesus, which is why I don't bring it up often... But since you asked, I would like to share...

Many years ago I actually asked myself the same question. At the time I was searching for some kind of truth to spiritual matters and the truth to this world. I had turned to eastern religions, I read and actually practiced a lot of it...

But I was Continually searching: where did this all come from? Where are we going? What is my main purpose for being here? I never got the right answers. Or any answers at all...

I was on a search for truth. Keep in mind- that if something is true, then it has to be 100% true with supporting evidence. Example: We can look at a tree and call it blue- but that's not truth, the tree is green.

Just because you believe in 'something' doesn't make it true. And for something as important as your eternal destiny, you better make sure you have the correct answer. It's a scary question, but it's something we should look at soberly and make the wisest choice, not choosing something because we like it- but what is true. Mind you that all of us are going to die someday and you never know when it's going to come- could be tonight...

To be continued..

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015

3. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    So to continue my story: One night I remember sitting in my bathroom toilet- after a very messed up day of events... I couldn't sleep and none of my eastern religion practices could help... Anyways- I recall looking up in the sky: seeing ALL THOSE STARS and thinking to myself- 'wow, this did not just come from no where- there had to be a creator, something just doesn't come from nothing' - then I realized that if I was to die, that I could not stand before that creator due to all the wrong things I have done in my life. At that point I called out to God: 'God - if your real, come into my life cause I can't live this life anymore'

After that, my life was changed. As I was still seeking truth, I began to seek who God really is. One day- it hit me- I should try church- I mean there is practically a church on every corner of the US, maybe that's the answer- so I went and started to read and search the Bible for truth. I dug deeply into the Bible and after studying it (including history and the way it was written) I found that the Bible is actually 100% true.

Many will tell you that there are contradiction ect... in the Bible but you must search it for yourself. Seriously , don't take what other people say as truth (even me!) and search it out yourself. Many ppl take things out of context and don't understand it. ie: I had a guy tell me one time that the 10 commandments arnt actually found in the Bible, he was reading it on the internet. Actually the are listed twice and referred to multiple times.

Anyways, taking about the 10 commandments, this is the truth that I found:
    1. We have broken nearly all the commandments in one sense or another. Myself included.
    2. One day when we die we are going to stand before God to answer for this. Since God is perfect- he cannot have or let any wrong doing without correcting - think of a judge, he can't just 'let it go'
    3. BUT God does love and care for us so much that He sent His Son to take the punishment that we deserve- Jesus died on the cross for our sins.
    4. If we believe in this and accept it and strive (although we still can't be perfect, until heaven) to live a life that honors God, we will have eternal life in heaven with God.

now I don't have any more worries or thoughts or fears of death. I know where I am going and I believe in it because it true.

So in closing to probably the longest post I have made (and least about Belmar)- I would suggest that what every you do- seek what is true, and not just because someone else said so, but seek it out. Check out the Bible, closely examine and read it... You will be surprised, what is in there is probably not what you have thought or heard. If you have any serious questions, feel free to PM me, as we all know how things roll on swellinfo.com, specially when God is mentioned...

4. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Haha sorry brah!

5. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    All good, probably posted nearly at the same time. As long as nobody responds to the one we shall not name we're good.

6. Ryan McCall

Ryan McCall Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Well the truth is out. 23ft belmar only makes sense because your the size of a turd.

I got frost bite on my toes yesterday, that scares me.

7. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    BBP,don't fret, there is much more. It doesn't end here.

8. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Good post walkingonh2o. I would only add seek and discover the grace of God, which is a unique and distinctive feature of biblical Christianity. This for me is the game changer and a key, which liberates from the limitations of rules and religion, to relationship and true spirituality. It for me, is a source of strength and a reason to be truly grateful (& deal with the various "sets" that in life that roll in).

Best wishes as you seek and "paddle on".

9. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  10. REDDZ

REDDZ Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    All pretty enlightening... for a bunch of dogs

11. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Cdog!!! Totally agree!!! It's all about Gods Grace, it's nothing that we have done or can do, Eph 2:8 brother! That's a great point, it's totally not a religion or any 'works' but a relationship!

12. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
  13. trevolution

trevolution Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    [video=youtube;_G6NtIVZhRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G6NtIVZhRE[/video]

14. Socco

Socco Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2014
    grace= ummerited favor

15. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    pfft, no 'or' its likely both. dont forget digested fungus and bacterial waste. then trees.

word.

immortal!

as for the soul?
    who knows if it even exists?
    seems likely, but then again, I dont know big it is or how much it weighs, cant measure = might not exist

16. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    look out walking on h20, hes coming for you!!!!!

Also, we dont stand before god, we judge ourselves...remember when ebenzeer saw that his jerk off anture killed tiny tim...yea, like that but we cant go back and fix it

bible might have truth, hard to say

but it is an allegory, not direct

17. Gfootr

Gfootr Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I never go here. Especially on a "surf" forum... but the reality is it's all about your true "Self".

That is your only constant to guide you. Where's your wife/woman if she's not with you? Where's your kids, your best bud? You can only "assume" where they ACTUALLY are and hope for the f-king best.

Meaning the only thing you know for 100%, f-king sure is YOU. You're the one looking at those stars, alone and 100% looking at those stars, and unless you look over and see someone else with you, you ARE the only one looking.

The rest is speculation at best. SO revel in your TRUE self because if you're not happy there you'll never be happy ANYWHERE.

Anything else left is completely and utterly left to FAITH.

Which the power of this faith can be any choice of higher power, or just whatever you need to get thru any major over thinking that can bring you down. Which brings us back to the original post.

What's it all about? Are we alone? Can I make it thru this?

Dig deep brothers, just like getting caught inside and having to get over that last set wave before getting crushed.

No one wants to be there, yet we all have been. Which one of us got over the lip and which of us chucked our boards to the safety of our leashes, only to surface to a broken board?

18. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    BuBoniCs, mi amigo....

Número uno....don't let these coward terrorists scare you or fear for your life....

That's how they win.

To the point:

Death is inevitable, no one here makes it out alive.
    Knowing what's on the other side can only be known by dying.
    Death is not scary, if you look at all the positives:
    No more paying taxes
    No more work
    No more pain

As others have said, recognizing that death is in all of our futures', making the most out of each day you are alive, showing the people you care about your love and helping others' will ensure that when your number is called, you can rest peacefully.

My 2 pennies.

Contrary to what Wayne says, Jesus is not the only way....there are several religions and none of them have the right to tell the other they are wrong in their beliefs...

19. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    all of them are right yet none is the right one

20. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    all the bad people in my town - the ones that actually go out and hurt other people - ALL OF THEM....
    practice faith based reality. the worst behaved are the catholic and jewish churches.