NFL - New England Patriots are cheaters

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by worsey, Jan 20, 2015.

1. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    What's that saying? If ya ain't cheatin, ya ain't tryin.

Yup, they got busted with their private parts in the cookie jar.

Nope, it didn't matter.

Pats, IMO, played the game of their lives. Don't think thay can do that again vs Seattle. Shot that wad already. While I am sick and bleeping tired of hearing Sherman run his mouth, I kinda like Seattle.

Seattle wins the Supa Bowl by one pernt. Russell Wilson gets the back to back rings.

2. colonel mustard

colonel mustard Active Member

Apr 13, 2011

3. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Russell Wilson blows. If he didn't have a great D he'd be Geno Smith

4. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Didn't read the whole thread....

But 11/12 footballs were tarnished. In NFL game play, each offensive team gets their own 12 balls to cycle. ONLY on offense. Only reason they were caught is because the corner snagged and interception. Common practice here is that the defender runs the ball over to his own sideline. If it was a monument, ie. First pick ever. First Td or a historic event, they will keep the actual ball. Otherwise it would be forfeit back to the rotation of the opposite gender offense....

Summation: yeah, the colts would have gotten smoked regardless, but balls in the previous week against the Ravens, in a close, 4 point game were never evaluated. So, who is to say that all 12 balls Ina a much closer game were not compromised. They were never evaluates because suspicious was never an issue. Same as spy gate. Just because the jets incident was evaluated, doesn't mean games weren't compromised for YEARs in the past....

The pats are cheaters. They stole 3 rings already and only got a slap on the wrist. Without advantages, I would argue the pats would have zero titles, but not even made 1 Super Bowl playing fair. They stole signals for 6 years. Taped practices, interfered radio signals and spied on the opposition.

If you ain't cheatin, you ain't trying. The true New England mantra.

My team is one of many victims of deception and foul play. But cheaters never prosper and the pats won't even put up a fight. Against Seattle. Seattle is a lot of things, but not cheaters

5. whitewoods

whitewoods New Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Zachary are you butthurt because Jake Delhome turNed out to blow?

6. KellySlater

KellySlater Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2014
    messi is the GOAT futbol player of our time

7. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    The D def helps. I dunno about Geno Smith, though. Wilson seems to have that mystical somethin that just wins games. He's somethin like 10-0 vs Supa Bowl QBs. It oughta be a pretty good game either way. Lenny Kravitz in the halftime show too.

8. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    hi zach.
    welcome back

9. salzsurf

salzsurf Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Right...

10. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Thanks

11. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    To further my point, finally the NFL came out and said that the Patriots DID use deflated balls during their come back victory to sneak past the Ravens in the divisional round. The Ravens apparently had suspicion during their game and alerted the Colts about it. The NFL and the Colts all knew to check the balls...

So no, it wasn't a random ball boy. It wasn't an accident. It was a typical, calculated advantage taken for who knows how many weeks. Much like Spygate, this will get brushed under the rug to preserve the NFL brand and all the money won and lost on these games. While teams that were taken advantage of will have to wonder "what if" like the Miamis, San Diegos, jets and raiders all have to think, what if the Patriots hadnt stolen our signals and tapped our radios and recorded our practices? Would the pats have 1 ring much less 3? Would the patriots D have played so well had they NOT known all the routes and play calls?

Here is a link about Baltimore diming out the cheating pats....
    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-indianapolis-colts-deflated-footballs-012115

12. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    would the eagles have at least one ring?

13. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Man I knew something was drwaing me to this thread, hey Zach!

So is this real, did they really cheat? I don't follow this stuff. I mean they're all a bunch of criminals anyway:eek:

14. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah, it's a fact that they cheated. The refs approved the 1st set of balls 2 1/2 hrs before kickoff, then they went out there and played with deflated balls and when caught had to switch back to the correctly inflated balls.

BALLS BALLS BALLS, we're using the word BALLS A lot.

15. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Shrinkage CAN be beneficial.

16. salzsurf

Feb 11, 2011
    No confirmation yet on how extensive the testicle analysis was before game time. Those details have yet to be released. Maybe they just cupped the balls and gave 'em a firm grab instead of using the gauge. We'll have to wait and see.

17. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    But what we do know, is the ref touched em

18. pinkstink

pinkstink Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    I'm pretty sure before Spygate happened other teams were also video-taping the opposing team's sideline. It's just the Jets were so butthurt that they ratted on the Pats. Same thing here. The Ravens, the franchise that best represents the strong family values of the NFL IMO, not surprisingly did the same thing. I guarantee you every other team in the NFL tampered with footballs too. It was a gray area that Belicheck exploited because the NFL wasn't enforcing the rules that were on the books. He's not stupid. He wouldn't have done it if he didn't believe a precedent had been set about how the NFL would treat the issue. It's only because the Pats are the most hated team in the NFL that they get in trouble for the same **** everyone else does. I don't mind though. It will make the victory next week that much sweeter.

19. salzsurf

Feb 11, 2011
    Bill's S&M chamber is going to have so much "bulletin board material" for the next two weeks of preparation. Those boys will be foaming at the mouth when it's time to get on the field next weekend. Ask the Bengals what it's like to play the Pats after they've been told they suck for a week straight; can't imagine how worked up they'll be with an additional week of public damnation.

20. newenglandflatness

newenglandflatness Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Spygate is a joke. Every team can legally record "coaching film" from the area behind the endzones, which can include film of the the opponents' sidelines. Coaching film is never analyzed by the league. The pats just had assistants standing in the wrong area of the stadium while filming, which is illegal. That was the issue. People have stolen signs forever. Jimmy Johnson used cameras. Mike Shanahan hired lip readers. You won't find an NFL team that doesn't have a guy spying signals every game.

Don't get me wrong, they were dumb as hell to do it since they had received a memo specifically instructing them to stop the practice. But they sure as hell didn't win those Super Bowls because of it, they won them because they had the best defensive backfield in the game in an era where you could absolutely maul receivers coming off the line, and they were damn good at it.

Not sure exactly how I feel about this deflategate crap yet, I want to see the results of the investigation, but I'm sure not a fan of it with what we know so far. Clearly didn't make a difference against Indy, doubt it did against the Ravens either, but I want to know more first. Does seem really crazy if the league actually knew ahead of time that they wouldn't tell the Pats before the game that they were onto it, and to make sure the balls were properly pumped up - they essentially allowed the Colts to play a half of the AFC Championship game with balls they expected to be deflated (and hence maybe advantageous to the Pats, though again, I'm not sure how much a difference it would really make). If they really want to protect the integrity of the game, shouldn't they have made sure that DIDN'T happen?

Only good thing to come out of this (because fan as I may be, sure sucks if they did it), is the Pats will be foaming at the mouth to come out and prove just how good they are, which is very.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015