Nica trip review: Hacienda Iguana

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by live4truth, Jan 20, 2015.

1. ukelelesurf

ukelelesurf Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Go to El sal dude no car needed anywhere cheap as balls a bunch of breaks within a 30minute 50cent bus ride of each other. Catch a taxi from the airport to el tunco and get sorted from there

2. fins369

fins369 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Seriously man? I know colorado's and pangas isn't a secret. Hell, there is a resort right in front of panga's. But with that said, shut up. It's not like someone asked for advice on Nica. It's not even like you posted a few pics and just said it was Nica. You went into a novel about each break, location, costs, etc. not necessary man.

I've been traveling to central america for what's almost a decade now. I see a huge difference in those ten years, and the people that did it before me claimed how crowded it had gotten in the decade before i started going.

it's a situation that will never reverse, but writing crap like this will only make it rapidly worse.

Congrats on your trip. Sincerely glad you had fun. I remember how stoked I was after my first trip south. But do everyone that respects that area of the world, and is trying to hold on to it for a little while longer before it completely goes to ****, and shut up.

3. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    ^^ I disagree with this. Without commenting on how 'core' you're trying to be :( let it be noted: wake the eff up, sparky.

There are, what, dozens of commercial websites promoting, and detailing, the breaks in Nica, how awesome the waves are, how they can take you there to get shacked, blah blah blah. Surfline, MSW, Wavehunters, others all have detailed reports on Nica breaks, how to get there, what tides to surf, et. al. This isn't new, sparkatino; these reports have been on the 'Net for well over 10 years now.

Ain't no secrets out there, not many anyways, Sunshine, in this day & age of the InfoNet.

But you post your negative, attacking shiiiite as if the OP gave away the most secret, holiest, deserted break in paradise.

Obviously, you need to get out more.

Our SI member posts a review of his surf trek, takes the time to share the stoke. Result? One asspon goes to situation defcon8. Get some perspective, sparky, and chill the fukkk out.

Good review by the OP of his surf trek that is shared with surfers. For once! A post about surfing! That's all you need to know.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  4. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    what he said. you bummed aboot the crowds?
    you should be.
    wanna fix it?
    go to peru.
    more...better.....less crowded waves.
    the brazzos have to be cooler here...why?
    because los locales bien peso have been pounding on them for DECADES.

5. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

If a surf location is posted online---it is NOT a secret!!
    And how did the whiner hear about it?? Did a tropical canary whisper it in his/her ear??

6. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I really gotta get to Peru, mang.

7. fins369

fins369 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Couple of things....

First, I did congratulate him on a great trip.
    Second, I'm not the only one that commented that this write up went a little too far.
    Third, no crap it's all out there. And yes, it's already crowded. His original post mentioned that, even the remote boat trips had 4-6 boats on each break. But what we don't need is to make it worse. We don't need to advertise how easy and cheap it is. If someone wants to take the time, and do the proper research, and figure this out on their own, god bless them. And if someone wants to advertise their own business, god bless them too. But we don't need every single surfer who buys a plane ticket to share every little detail about how, where, and why they did it. The lineups are already crowded, but in my experience, its a 75/25 breakdown of respectable surfers to kooks. This type of post is going to drastically alter that ratio. Every single person who's ever rented an epoxy fun board is gonna be hopping on the next plane to go surf. And that's something no one, including the OP, wants.
    Finally, I love how you all call me out for being too negative to him, but your posts are filled with insults against me and my character.

8. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    you do.
    talk to me at length before you do.
    u goofyfoot?

9. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Reg'lar. But totally cool with going the wrong way, lol, in the land o' the lefts.

10. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Oh please. Dry your eyes.

This is a surfing forum. (Sometimes.) The vast majority of people on the Forum are all well aware of Nica, et. al. It's not like the OP put something in the travel section of the NYT. "This type of post" as you label the OP will certainly NOT have "Every single person who's ever rented an epoxy fun board is gonna be hopping on the next plane to go surf."

Is your real name Johnny Drama? Oh the humanity.

11. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    funny ting aboot the land of lefts.....
    its stuffed FULL of righteous rights.

heres' a couple. (its ok to out them cause america could beat peru in a war).

PICO ALTO.......big wave right, safe, mackin, fookin off da chartz.
    penascal...big drop.
    la isla - a freight train right; prob unlike anything you've seen before. in town; in middle of EVERYTHING..
    punta rocas - always breaks (yawn)....
    caballeros - the ugliest hi-perf (u heard it here first) wave in the world...to it sofia owes her trophy....
    i guarantee you - if you get caballeros med to good - you'll be a happy man.

and dats just 5 of 'em....

12. ukelelesurf

ukelelesurf Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2007
    All those rights south of Lima.. a lot of them can be fun.....If only if it weren't for all that fog. I was there about 8 years ago in Punta Hermosa for about a week and I never saw the sun once...then again, I surfed alone a bunch of times. I don't know, when I'm on a vacay I would rather be surfing in the sun and boardies. Peru is awesome though! I think it stays so uncrowded because of the above factors. Cheers-----

for the guys hating on this dude for posting this, you kind of have a point but this place is already so advertised that it doesn't matter.

13. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Man Yankee, I might have had you all wrong when I was lurking this forum. I saw a lot on here that I did not agree with. Hell, I have thick skin...just not into hating so much.

I think you hit the nail on the head here with this quote. This is exactly the kind of stuff I want to read about. It's about surfing and stoke...two of the most important things to me! I have traveled to many places to surf but Nica is on my list....I may have to join the "crowd" and go! Thanks for sharing OP.

14. im way better than you

im way better than you Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2008
    shut your mouth

15. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    you were prob there in winter when fog persists; that said at least half the days in winter the
    sun breaks out between 10/4...

when any of you actually make the drive north to chicama...there is a zona de neblina....a pass in
    the coastal plain/mountains....that is always completely fogged. always. the road signs warn you so.

16. im way better than you

Jul 10, 2008
    You are a moron. There is a clear cut difference between NICA and Costa. Its because People like you will stop at nothing to talk talk talk talk just to hear your own voice and overrun every last spot that is any good. People like you ruined Costa. I was going there in the 90's with no one. Now its a full on joke and Ill never go back, and NIca is next. You say people on here know of every spot? Then why do I go on trips year in year old and surf with no one? Colorados was one of those spots years ago, and it now ruined. So Yes posts like this clown made will have every single epoxy surfing loser there because its already starting to happen. You have posted 4000 times on this website. You are everything wrong with surfing. All you do is TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK. Please go end yourself

17. rearly9986

rearly9986 Active Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Went to Iguana's first week of November 2013. Was told by management, not to bother due to weather concerns.
    Just looking out for us, but we were booked and going. A week of perfect weather, excellent waves, good fellowship with everyone there. Lots of broken boards that week. Both breaks were doing there thing.
    Just a great place and good people, the locals had it wired, but always gave you, a large share.
    Panga was a blast. A big well overhead left or right.
    Go to Iguana, it is what, it is built for.. I love A-Holes, who think it is theirs, the owners, the guides, the economy depend on surfing tourism.
    I am hooked on the place, I check out Nica365 daily, went back to CR for the last time... great place, just gotten to costly for tourist and locals!

18. im way better than you

Jul 10, 2008
    Oh awesome another moron. So "Costa is too costly for tourists", but you do not see the direct correlation to your pimping of colorados? Not only do you contradict yourself in your post, but you dont even understand what you are saying. The best part of your post is that you went in the OFFSEASON HAHAHAHA. Who goes to Nica in November, and then says that "it was doing its thing". Then you only talk about that joke of a wave panga? HAHAHAHAH If colorados was "doing its thing" you would never have even looked down there...unless you are a scared little girl, which is most likely the case. Glad you check the surf in NIca everyday...your just like a local. Clown

19. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Year in year old.

20. im way better than you

Jul 10, 2008
    Oh my God, not a typo? Good catch tough guy. You have posted 6000 times on this website. Get a life