who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    I love you Man!!! hahahaha My feet were frozen..

2. FUN

FUN Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    went out today and caught a couple.

one of my friends friends who doesn't really surf that much paddled out with us today with a 3/2 overlayed with a 4/3 with 3mil gloves and booties with no hood. he actually lasted for a solid 45 minutes occasionally putting his head underwater to get past waves. towards the end of his session he got pummeled by a fair-sized wave and got washed to shore. he was done after that.
    later in the day he told us, "my mind literally felt empty once i surfaced". heavy sh!t right there

i gotta give him props for lasting that long without a hood with thin gloves and boots

inb4 "your friend is retarded"

3. KillaKiel

KillaKiel Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    LAst 2 days have been alright. Thought I'd chime in instead of reading tonight. Jimmie's Chicken Shack got me stoked today, then some of those rides took me to cloud 9. Score!!!

So…does anyone listen to Kidrock before paddling out? I once read a post he put on here before I did. Don't know if it helped me or not, but I do remember that session.

4. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Dude fun- you got some interesting friends, at least he got out!

Got some fun ones today with some buddies at the presidential suite.. It was good as usual!

#belmar

5. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    It didn't really come together for me yesterday, too much south in the swell, too much residual west wind chop, draining tide, and the beginning of a sinus infection meant I only put in about an hour and a half. Still nice to get in the water on a beautiful day. Anybody looking at a blizzard surf on Tuesday?

6. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    on da way to cape may.
    if da snow don't get in da way.
    i'm dialed in with 4WDrive
    that left there makes me feel alive.

7. beerndwata

beerndwata Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    nice.

8. MichaelJR

MichaelJR Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Heading out in 15. Looks fairly clean on the cam. 5 degrees out right now though. Ehh.

9. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Surfed a couple hours yesterday. Chest high with an occasional bigger one. My only question is why does it have to be so damned crowded at my home break in freaking January when its near freezing? Even had a guy on a NSP with a goPro kooking the lineup.

10. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I did go out Friday. Waves were waist to chest, but glassy with light offshores. And they were peeling just nicely. Was out for only an hour, just prior to high tide. But I got to use my new board on its maiden voyage. Had great session. Not Tres Palmas or Marias, but lots of fun!!
    Hope you all get some waves this week--youz gonna get them!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  11. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hey all right! It's nice to see this thread still going. Surfers talking real time story. Love it.

Surfing this weekend was certainly a challenge. Whether it was ice raining from the sky on Saturday, the massive, shifty, unpredictable sea yesterday, the harsh wind that even the most sheltered spot around didn't really block, or just the hike in or out. There was never really a moment that you would call Pleasant. Not until you were home in comfy clothes with a warm bowl of whatever. Yesterday was a day of "Hey I made it!". Like " Hey I made it out!" "Hey I made that one!". Wave selection and patience was key. That and not going on one right after that grueling paddle out because then you have to do it all over again. Know what's the worst about that? Missing it and seeing two three of his big brothers/sisters right behind about to jump you. This still happens to me all the time. Even after surfing for a Gozillion years.

Going to be a crazy couple of days around here. I might try this afternoon, but after that I'm going to be hunkered in waiting it out. Remember, should you surf this storm, this is the place to talk it up. Please keep it positive. Give the guys hunkered in and waiting something good to read. We like wordy passages on this thread. Pictures say a thousand words but a paragraph or two speaks volumes. ( Yeah I'm corny. so what?)

Here's to the surfers.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  12. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I'd like to juxtapose my first post in this thread with a session report from yesterday, which ended up being more beatings than barrels for me. I don't know, I just wasn't dialed in, took a couple sets on the head just when I thought I was outside, lots of paddling, etc. Got a couple decent rides, but I was overdue for a little lesson in humility, compliments of Ma.

Checked a spot around the corner afterwards and it looked tits, shoulda been there.

BUT, as always, I came out of the water feeling better, physically, mentally and spiritually. So it's a win win.

Had two great slices of Pizza afterwards(don't worry Manisses, not my blizzard stash) before the ride home. Upon arrival back to HQ, homemade soup, vanilla porters, and spliffs to end the day.

yesterday.jpg

13. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    ouch!

14. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Whoa Peajay look at that timing! Glad to see I wasn't the only one struggling yesterday.

Yo baddy!

15. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    Everybody gets caught in the pickle in surf like that. It's part of the fun!

16. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    I got out yesterday for a total of 3 hours...surfed both sides of the inlet....one side had a wedge type peak with another peak breaking at an angle providing a perfect ramp...then Hopped over to the other side to find it almost empty and nice long rides...had to let my feet dethaw under the heat for 20 minutes before I could operate my clutch...
    State of emergencies already issued effective for 6am in many places...You can bet there is going to be some drainers out there tomorrow evening...not necessary size wise but I bet it'll be some thich heavy bombs!!

17. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Me thinks I will be hittin ye Ole Wooden jetty tomorrow PM.

18. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    You might be onto something Chavez...I'll be opting for a spot I know they'll be breaking right of the sand...less work more risk:cool:

19. IceBoi

IceBoi Active Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I got out yesterday to one of my favorite spots in Maine. Crowded for a bit early then it was just me, a kook SUPer and my buddy who kept getting a SUP kicked at him. Waves were nice, maybe stomach to head high and very clean. Good fast braking chargin' waves.

20. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    Who surfed this morning? Was the snow pelting you in the face as you dropped in to a glassy little nugget? Did you follow it up with a ham & egg on a buttered roll? Somebody must have hit this AM. Don't be shy. Post your story here and tell what was good about it.