Bali 2008

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Jrusso, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Jrusso

Jrusso Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2007
    went to bali last May and only just got around to editing the hours of footage i took. its made mostly for my friends and family that went so its a bit personal at points. its also the first movie that i have ever made so its pretty amateur. im happy with it though so i hope you all enjoy too :)

im open to criticism though, as long as its reasonable

http://vimeo.com/3657069

2. pvjumper05

pvjumper05 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2008

i enjoyed it. nice job

3. Kit

Kit Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Cool video man. How long were you there?

4. mexsurfer

mexsurfer Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
  5. surferboi0911

surferboi0911 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2007
    nice video. got me amped cuz i'm leaving for PR in an hour :D

monkey goin thru that guys bag was hilarious

6. bmore surf

bmore surf Well-Known Member

May 20, 2006
    anyone want to buy a plane ticket! Man that is a good selling video of Bali.
    Nice video footage and all from one camera. I am sure you had to go through a boat load of footage just to get that. Waht a great way to document your trip.
    Thanks for sharing

7. Jrusso

Jrusso Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2007
    thanks guys!

we were there for about 3 1/2 weeks

i have hours and hours of footage, this video only scrapes the surface of what went down over there. so many things i never got on film, like a trip to a northern part of the island up in the mountains and all of the club scenes in kuta.

8. chadbrochill93

chadbrochill93 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2007
    the first song was weak but everything else was sick

9. bbnj

bbnj Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    thats a great video, nice work.

How much does a trip like that cost?

10. Chris Joyner

Chris Joyner Moderator

May 23, 2006
    I think I have like 120 mins of HD footage from Indo June 08. Still have not done anything with it. Off to Puerto E. in 3 days!

11. CharlieInOC

CharlieInOC Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Bali is heaven on earth!!!

Some advice for you younger guys who don't have alot of ties, go to Bali and stay for as long as you can. I went last year for the first time with my son and it is truely an amazing place. The waves are insane almost every single day, and the life on land is too. Aside from the flight out, it is very cheap to live and the people are very friendly. I can tell you that I'll be back for sure. BTY are you any relations to Tim? He's from OC and hooked us up out there real well. Great guy and would help any OC'ers going out.

12. Jrusso

Jrusso Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2007
    yeah tim is my brother! he had us hooked up the whole time out there. from the house we stayed in to the side trips to north Bali he was there. he is in the video too, for a second on the boat and he is wearing the camo boardshorts during the dive

13. CharlieInOC

Sep 17, 2007
    I'm surprised you're not out there full-time with your brother. He is living the dream for sure and I envy him big time. I can't thank him enough for what he did for us while we were there. We were out in June and then headed to Mentawais. It was without a doubt the best trip I ever took!!!!!:D:D

14. Jrusso

Jrusso Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2007
    haha he is always telling me to live out there. problem is that i cant afford it. its cheap to live there but there is no way i could get a job out there. and i dont have the money saved up to where i could move there for a few months. he offered me an internship but he cant pay me.

15. CharlieInOC

Sep 17, 2007
    Tell him I'll work for waves..............as long as I can take off when the surf is good. Probably won't get much done though.

16. Aguaholic

Aguaholic Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Cool vid......not bad for your first at all. I have a ton of video from Barbados that I have been working on. This will be my first video as well. It just takes sooo damn long.

17. Jrusso

Jrusso Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2007
    i was expecting this take me atleast a week or two to finish but i ended up getting it done in like 3 days, few hours each day.

good luck with your vid!

18. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    clips were sweet.. I liked the cliff shot and then the random stuffed animal hahaha. I would change the letter font/color and some of the textured fades into the next clips. Other than that I thought it was pretty dope

19. wesman944

wesman944 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2008
    that video was pretty sick, ive never made a video, but i can see it being pretty time consuming, next time anyone in oc goes to bali ill jump in their board bag and go along for the ride:D

20. bb.rider

bb.rider Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2008
    what are the lineups like in bali? im thinking about going next summer. is it crowded? lots of travelling surfistas?